TechSpot New Year Giveaway: Register here for participation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
So you want that kickass videocard? Just reply to this message and start posting comments in our news coverage. Feel free to post any comments or suggestions.

Remember, full contest rules can be found here.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
YOU SHOULD ONLY REPLY TO THIS THREAD ONCE FOR REGISTERING PURPOSES. AFTER THAT YOUR PARTICIPATION IS EXPECTED IN THE NEWS COVERAGE BY POSTING NEWS COMMENTS (example).

Finally I have a chance to replace my GeForce 4600Ti and build new PC which has been asking me for upgrade for months now. :)

Ya I think a 7800gt might just work a little better than my original 64mb Geforce MX400. Maybe now I'll be able to play BF2? lol

Wow, This definately the best contest ever! I desperately need to replace my savage 8. Now i'll actually be able to play Quake4.

Awesome contest!! I’ve been lurk'n for far too long since the old school days of 3Dspotlight. Who remembers those days?

Thanks for giving me the motivation to off my duff and give something back to the community. I shall do my best to share with others and hopefully enlighten the geekdom.

This card will go well with a new computer that actually has PCI-Express shot. Oh my! My current system is an old faithful dell 8250 that I got for an awesome deal ($350) 3 years ago around thanksgiving. Imagine that gaming power! =) Recently I upgraded my Geforce ti200 to a Geforce 6200a. ohhh ahhh. Cant touch this na na na.

Keep up the good work and thanks for doing the content!

peace out,
chris

Hi all!
I've been a long time reader (stalker you could say even :p ) of Techspot (from way before,ahh the good old 3DSpotlight), but never really registered as a member...

Anyways, I'm so sad when I see great contests, yet I cannot enter them cause they're either restricted to EU countries or the USA, finnaly something with no geo. restrictions :p

I sure could use this 7800GT, I think my Riva TNT2 Ultra is W A Y past its time... sigh... The thing is , I almost have the money to buy a decent A64 rig, the 'only' thing missing is the money for the graphics card, and I really want to get myself something with which I could finally enjoy newer games. Guess this is my only choice or I'll have to wait till the summer or something
:(

If I do win, I'll post a screenie showing my Athlon T-Bird 1.2GHz with 256MB RAM and TNT2 Ultra 3DMark03 score and a screen with the 7800GT when i buy the new rig :) (this damn thing cant run 90% of newer games or Mark05, so it's gonna be only a 2003 bench :( )

I probably wont win anyway, but I can always dream (sigh, just imagine gaming on this POS rig I currently have, if the game even starts).

Thanks for giving me this chance :)

I had a decent card until UPS busted my poor FX5500 while shipping my pc back home, damned UPS doesnt want to pay for breaking it. If for some chance I win this hot sexy peice of hardware, please dont let UPS touch it.

It seems alot of us are running old AGP based systems, and even if one of us wins, we will need to get new mobo/cpu/memory in order to get this card running. I collected money in my piggy bank for past year for an upgrade, and this could help out much for me and perhaps i could spend little more on a better memory or more of it. :bounce:

I think the 7800 is even a better card than the currant card I have which is a 6800gt OC that will go to my wife in her pc. She is lagging behind with a gforce GTS 2x agp card. MY Kid will finnaly be able to play with all the bells on in need for speed.

Right, I see a lot of our "long time contributing" friends are back. :rolleyes:

Anyways, keep the comments as interesting as possible, no spam posts, no flaming, no cursing, etc.

Quality, not quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back