The no URL post limit

im not sure i really agree with this rule (being a new user) the reason i signed up was because i need help with something (obviously) and Im having difficulty explaining a problem because i cant post urls yet, although its only 5 posts which is no big deal i have to spend time comming up with a good reason to post 5 times.

It's to try to stop spammers until they have posted at least 5 posts (kinda like get to know them first)

By the way I see you've made 4 threads in 25mins, wow slow down a bit

oh the irony

sorry, i could not pass up the irony of you telling someone to "slow down" on posts................:):haha:;). and no im not bieng a jerk:grinthumb

I understand the point of this rule, but it is indeed annoying. I've attempted to post 2 URLs so far, one to assist in my post regarding my "broken" laptop, and one to help somebody. Both got stopped with "RAWR URLZ R NO 4 U!". Oh well. I've been looking for some threads I can post on without "spamming"

EDIT: Post #4 :)

I understand your frustration, but the overall benefit to the forum outweighs the inconvenience to a few posters.

I'm pretty sure there would be a way to rephrase your problem to better explain it without needing a link. Or if a link is 100% necessary you can actually type it out with some strategically places spaces and ask people to copy paste and remove the spaces. The whole point is to prevent it from being incredibly easy to spam links.

Is that the message that everyone gets ? :suspiciou :rolleyes:
Hmm it could be reworded a tad. (well totally) I wonder why they left out "CU L8TR" in the end :D
hmm; Web forums are not cell phone texting devices ... plain english might be useful:rolleyes:

Back