Troubleshooting boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer died last week. The fans would spin up and the LED's came on but it would not boot. I replaced the power supply and had the same results. I replaced the video card and it did not get better. I bought a new ASUS mobo and an Athlon 64 cpu. Had the same problem. I took everything out of the case and hooked it all up on a table and it started to boot but kept rebooting when it started loading XP. I tried a repair install and got a BSOD when windows tried to load. So I bit the bullet and did a full install and now it boots normally even with everything back in the case. The problem I am having now is that when I install my Linksys wireless NIC it wont boot. No POST, no video, the led on my monitor doesnt change from orange to green like its supposed to. Is it pretty safe to assume that my NIC went bac at the same time the computer crashed?

Browsing through the world of Linksys Wireless users you begin to see a common problem. It would seem many of the users are having boot problems when using Linksys Wireless. I suggest checking out their web site for an update for your product, either driver or firmware. Not quite sure which wireless product you have from Linksys, but there is sure to be a solution on their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back