Ubisoft unveils full library of games included in Uplay+ subscription service

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member
In context: Ubisoft's bid to break into the subscription service model of gaming is picking up steam as its launch date draws near. Today the company updated its Uplay+ website with all the titles that the library will carry. Many are older games propped up by a few newer and yet to be released titles, but is it enough to get the service off the ground? You decide.

Back in June, during E3, we learned that Ubisoft was getting ready to debut its all-you-can-play subscription service called “Uplay+.” It claimed subscribers would have access to over 100 games at launch, but was shy with a list of what those games would be other than a few titles like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Far Cry 5, and a few others.

On Tuesday, Ubisoft updated its Uplay+ webpage to include all the games that will come with the service. Some of the more notable entries include yet to be released titles like Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint and Watch Dogs: Legion — both should be available on their release dates: October 4, 2019, and March 6, 2020, respectively.

Some currently available popular titles include Far Cry New Dawn, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and every game in the Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, and Prince of Persia franchises. There are even retro classics like the Rayman and Might and Magic series.

It is worth mentioning that most games are the deluxe versions that should include all available DLC. However, I’m not sure that all the extra content is enough to justify the subscription price, especially when Ubisoft disclaims the inclusion of premium content with the following:

"Where premium or special editions of the game are indicated (for example: Ultimate/Gold/Deluxe Editions), please note editions included in Uplay+ may not include all premium content. Game list and final edition(s)subject to change."

Uplay+ runs $15 per month for a catalog of around 100 games exclusively from Ubisoft that most people have already played. Compare that to a competing subscription service like PlayStation Now, which has over 600 titles from many different publishers for only $5 more per month.

Unless I have grossly underestimated its fanbase, Ubisoft is going to struggle with value delivery trying to rent its games for $15 per month. It is offering a full month free for those willing to give it a try as long as you sign up now. Maybe a free 30 days will be just enough time to figure out if it is worth it.

Uplay+ officially launches September 3, 2019.

Permalink to story.

Uplay+ should be like EAs origin basic which is 25/year otherwise it is a dead service
"PlayStation Now,...,for only $5 more per month." PS Now costs 8,3 per month but still way better than uplay+EA services

I would consider subscribing to a single such service with a vast library of games, something on the order of a Netflix for video games.

I am not going to subscribe to a per-publisher service, because there's too many publishers and it would always feel either too limiting or too expensive (to do them all.)

This isn't that terrible if you basically look at it like a one time rental fee. I mean, it'd be crazy as an ongoing expense, but picking it up right when Watch Dogs Legion comes out and playing that it'd save me $45 if I were to buy it at full price on launch day. Certainly wouldn't take more than a month to play it and then you could even play anything else in that time and just make sure to immediately cancel. But outside of gaming that system, as an ongoing cost that'd be crazy.

I would consider subscribing to a single such service with a vast library of games, something on the order of a Netflix for video games.

I am not going to subscribe to a per-publisher service, because there's too many publishers and it would always feel either too limiting or too expensive (to do them all.)
Probably something like Xbox Game Pass. Steam could wipe them all, if only Valve had some vision/ambition.

I have calculated it based on yearly subscription 99/12 = 8.3
But that is in an inaccurate comparison. I was accurately comparing monthly rates between the two services. You're trying to compare PS Now's yearly rate to Ubisoft's monthly. It's apples and oranges, so I'm confused as to why you are calling out the discrepancy.

Probably something like Xbox Game Pass. Steam could wipe them all, if only Valve had some vision/ambition.

You mean like Windows did when I was able to play Forza Horizon 4 for just 12$ and then never touched it again? Yeah brilliant plan.

Ubisoft games aren't worth owning nor playing either, but hey checking them all out for 15$ sure why not.

I have calculated it based on yearly subscription 99/12 = 8.3
But that is in an inaccurate comparison. I was accurately comparing monthly rates between the two services. You're trying to compare PS Now's yearly rate to Ubisoft's monthly. It's apples and oranges, so I'm confused as to why you are calling out the discrepancy.
I am not calling out the discrepancy
PS now is $19.99/month or 99/year. Can you please tell me where “only $5 more per month” come from, honestly, I quoted it to notify for an error to be honest nothing else?
EA (premium) and Sony services are rated at 99$/year or 15$/19.99$//month respectively. Uplay+ is only available on monthly basis right now at 15$ yet I don’t think is going to be like 5$ or lower at yearly basis, mostly will be also at 99$/year

I'll take the free month, I already own From Dust + Heroes of Might and Magic 2. And probably some other games. It's far more likely that I will buy one of these games after the first month then go for the 15$ sub.

Some games I'll try out:

Division 1-2, I didn't really think it looked that great on the gameplay vids, so I never bought it.

Gods and monsters, if it's released by then.

Track Mania Turbo, the original was pretty fun, I wonder what it's like now.

Far cry primal, For Honor and Trials Rising look interesting.

Last but not least UNO, lol no ty

This looks like the game list but I could be wrong, it was pretty easy to sign in and 1 click sign up for a free month. No credit card needed etc.
https://store.ubi.com/us/uplayplus/games/

And if watchdogs is like gta 5? My gf will probably want to try it out on xbox one. (she should of got a ps)

Last edited:
I thought origin's pricing is still the best I have seen, what they offer for $30 is more than fair imo. Don't personally see the benefit of moving to premier, xbox's is a little steep to me. Paying over $10 a month for a single publishers library is just stupid at least Microsoft and EA (though to a lesser extent) got other devs games into there subs.

I think I already own all the uplay games I want (the free stuff they gave away bolstered my collection) . I guess for those that haven't been PC gaming for years these services might be worth it but not for me.

So we are going to pay a subscription to play singleplayer games with loot boxes and micro transactions?

I'm about to light my 1070ti on fire and just quit playing games

You hit the nail on the head. I think this service will start out strong (for the audience that hasn't played all of their games), and then taper off in 6-12 months, or later if MS/Stadia don't launch large libraries come this fall.

We have to remember that nearly all people in the world play games now. Its not something reserved for Geeks anymore.

I am not calling out the discrepancy
PS now is $19.99/month or 99/year. Can you please tell me where “only $5 more per month” come from, honestly, I quoted it to notify for an error to be honest nothing else?
EA (premium) and Sony services are rated at 99$/year or 15$/19.99$//month respectively. Uplay+ is only available on monthly basis right now at 15$ yet I don’t think is going to be like 5$ or lower at yearly basis, mostly will be also at 99$/year
That's what I'm saying you are calling out an error that does not exist. The paragraph in question reads:

"Uplay+ runs $15 per month for a catalog of around 100 games exclusively from Ubisoft that most people have already played. Compare that to a competing subscription service like PlayStation Now, which has over 600 titles from many different publishers for only $5 more per month."

So comparing Uplay to PS Now the latter is $5 more per month (15+5=20). I think you're just reading it wrong.

Back