video card help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i have recently bought a video card and since i installed it my computer will just randomly freezes sometimes it will work for hours other times it will freeze before i can do anything
"all in wonder 9200" i guess thats the video card
i read that not unistalling your old video card might screw it up
my old video card in on the mother board and i dont know how to unistall it
- Device Manager - "Display Adapters" i dont have that option untill i install the new video card
appreciate any help or advice
Thanks

Please give us the make/model of your motherboard. If your system is a brand name such as a dell, gateway etc., please give us your model number.

You are absolutely certain that there is no "display adapter" listed in the device manager?

some times you dont get the uninstall option and you have to go to device manager and uninstall it there then take out the card when shut down and put in new one and install drivers

sorry man new to this stuff
berfore i installed the new video card there was no display adapters after i installed it there is but its the one i installed not the old one

intel celeron not sure if thats what you mean by brand name
where can i find the make/ model of the mother board and model number?

Is your computer made by a big company like emachines, or dell or something? If so, we need to know the model number. For example the "emachine T3116" or the "Dell Dimension 9200" or something like that.

If it is not made by a big company, then you will need to use some probing software to find out your motherboard make/model. Software like this will do the trick:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/27-cpu-z.html

Tell us what it lists for your mainboard.

According to here: http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/bf_documentation.htm

You simply need to go into your bios to disable the old graphics. However, I do not think this is going to solve your problem to be honest. Regardless, go into your bios (and disable the onboard to be sure).

I would do the following as well:

1. Update the following:
Video card drivers: www.ati.com
Motherboard chipset drivers: http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/bf_drive.htm

Also take a look at how outdated your bios is, and consider an update. If there have been 3 or 4 revisions since the one you have currently installed, it is probably best to update.

2. Check your “Event Log”
The main cause of system crashes is outdated/corrupt drivers installed. It can be tricky to find which driver it is that is causing the crashes. Right click on “my computer”, “manage”, “event viewer”. Here you will find 3 categories and a list of each. Your system reports any errors it encounters here. You want to search in all three categories and look for any details with a red symbol by them. Yellow are also significant, but red ones are the ones to research first.

To research them, the best way is to look inside the details provided. There is a link in there that tells you to “click for more details”. Do it. It’ll take you to the Microsoft site with some possible causes and solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back