Video controller (VGA

Hi Friends,

From some days I am facing problem with Video controller (VGA).IT is Intel R 82945G express chip set family.

In Device Manager it is showing with yellow triangle and exclamation mark, stating something wrong with it. I tried to repair, update, reinstall and also uninstall it, but its not happening. At last now I wanted to format my XP with new version, post which I think I will get rid from this error, but I am not able to format my PC (probably) because of it. In device manager it is showing Code 1 error.

I believe if I can uninstall it then I can format my PC. I have tried to uninstall it in safe mode, even downloaded some driver uninstaller also but nothing is working out. Please help me if any one can.

Regards

Nishant

Sounds like you are using a generic driver. It is the generic driver that is listed as VGA. This is usually the case when a hardware specific driver has not been installed. It would be listed as AMD, Intel, nVidia, or etc.. if there was an optimized driver installed for your graphics.

To change this you will need to install the correct driver. Without the correct driver Windows will always setup a generic driver. In other words without the correct driver windows will always setup a VGA driver, regardless of how many times it is removed.

However if you are planing on installing a new Windows version, changing video drivers is a waste of time. Deal with the drivers after you have installed the new version.

Hi cliffordcooley

Thanks for your reply. You are indeed correct, my system is using genetic driver.

What you suggest now..I wanted to format my xp but some how it is not happening. I feel it is because of that VGA. And we need to fix it first to format xp. I have tried to uninstall/update/repair VGA with the motherboard CD, which I have for drivers. But no success.

Do you want me to download new driver for it (if yes then I have it in my motherboard CD, should I again download it from Intel website?) but which version or code etc

Do let me know, what to do now.

Regards
Nishant

What are you trying to achieve? Do you want to fix the video driver problem or reinstall XP? Reinstalling XP is likely to cause you loads of problems.

I want to reinstall XP. But anyways its ok if I can fix video driver problem.

Solving video driver problem is a priority right now.

I'm guessing that this is a desktop that's now very old. If all attempts to install a VGA driver fail it could be a hardware problem.

Back