When I play video files on my PC, the colors are very distorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Hi,

I hope you guys can help me out with this problem im having, a while ago, I decided to update my video card (Nvidia Geforce FX 5200) with the latest drivers, so I downloaded the 77.something version and deleted my old display drivers (bad mistake!!) from here it went wrong, seeing as I accidentally downloaded the English/US version of the display drivers (and im Dutch) it completely ****ed up my computer. So after that I downloaded the International version and everything is back to normal again.. EXCEPT when I play video files, they all have a yellowish bright tint to them which I find very annoying.

So I tried to get it back to the old version but of course that didnt work as I deleted them before I got the 77 version. so after that, I tried downloading an older version, and when I install it, the video colors are back to normal but guess what, my computer acts all weird again - it results in the black flashes, the screen split in two and even the computer not working at all forcing me to reboot. I tried like 4 or 5 different versions and all of them cause the same problem, except for 77, but when I use that one, I have the earlier mentioned problem of not being able to play video files right without having ugly quality.

If all else fails, Im going to do a system restore but I was hoping you guys got the technical knowledge to provide me the solution to this problem. I already tried on another forum but to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

Yep

I had the same prob with those drivers.
go back to the "71.89_win2kxp_english.exe" drivers
I saw no other improvment other wise with the 77's.
try here
and here
G'Luck

SOcRatEs said:
I had the same prob with those drivers.
go back to the "71.89_win2kxp_english.exe" drivers
I saw no other improvment other wise with the 77's.
try here
and here
G'Luck

I've just downloaded and installed the version you mentioned, and everything seems to be in order again! I did notice the thread you linked me too, but after downloading 3 different versions from the Guru.com site, I gave up on it. But you pointed me to the right version. Thanks a lot. :)

Glad ta help out!

Marc said:
If all else fails, Im going to do a system restore but I was hoping you guys got the technical knowledge to provide me the solution to this problem. I already tried on another forum but to no avail.
Thanks in advance!
Thanks for posting back,
this really helps out others with same problems to
find solutions. :cool:
edit ps:
If you look to the top of TechSpots site you'll see a driver link, I
wasn't aware of, that has plenty of roll back and retired drivers about 4000
of em.. DoH &%?@! :dead:

SOcRatEs said:
Thanks for posting back,
this really helps out others with same problems to
find solutions. :cool:
edit ps:
If you look to the top of TechSpots site you'll see a driver link, I
wasn't aware of, that has plenty of roll back and retired drivers about 4000
of em.. DoH &%?@! :dead:

No problem, Im already glad my graphic drivers are back to normal, and to be honest I didnt expect to ever find the solution again, unless I did a system restore but it all ended well.

Should I ever run into a computer problem again, I'll know where to look and ask. :grinthumb

(And I also didnt notice that driver link, oh well, doesnt matter as it works perfectly now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back