Winamp--Bad directsound driver. please install proper drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
help!!!!!! PLEASE!!

i have winamp and i was trying to play music and it says: Bad directsound driver. please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. error code: 8878000A. how do i fix that? im seriously dying over here i cant listen to anything PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! it will be GREATLY appreciated!! THANKSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desperate pleas for help do not get answered any more quickly. ;) Save it for more important things...

Sounds like you should install new, or reinstall your previous sound drivers.

Can you hear any sounds at all? If not, then your sound driver is probably corrupted.. That is one of more common problems I've seen.

You can download a new/old sound driver from your sound card / computer manufacturer's website. in the mean time, you can take a trip to device manager and uninstall your old sound card. Start/Settings/Control Panel/System/Devices

Choose "Sound, video, game controllers" and uninstall you audio card.

If you have problems only with WinAmp, you could try selecting another output device instead of DS. Of course other players like Sonique are available too ;)

I have the same problem, I did everything you sugested but it all remains the same... any ideas? thanks you all

I have had that same problem you mention with cheaper soundcards. Strangely, rebooting the computer would usually fix it. Haven't had the trouble in a while, though. Sorry I can't add anything other than that! Everyone else seems to have covered it!

Chris

Hey

What should I do if WinAmp now works, but videogames do not?
Do I need to uninstall and install the driver? If so... do I need the original disk ( which I don't have ) or can I just use an update installed on my computer?

Thanks!

GO TO THE START MENU THEN CLICK RUN. IN THE BOX TYPE IN services.msc
A SCREEN WILL POP UP. THEN SCROLL DOWN TO window audio AND CLICK ON IT. RIGHT NOW IT IS OFF SO CLICK START TO TURN IT ON. THIS WILL SOLVE THE AUDIO PROBLEM 99 PERCENT OF THE TIME.

Problem solved in seconds

GO TO THE START MENU THEN CLICK RUN. IN THE BOX TYPE IN services.msc
A SCREEN WILL POP UP. THEN SCROLL DOWN TO window audio AND CLICK ON IT. RIGHT NOW IT IS OFF SO CLICK START TO TURN IT ON. THIS WILL SOLVE THE AUDIO PROBLEM 99 PERCENT OF THE TIME.

Thx a lot :D worked like a charm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back