Windows 7, BSOD/ minidump files

I upgraded last week to windows 7 and keep getting random BSOD. Here is a copy of the lastes dump files:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 82E894B5
BCP3: 8D7936F4
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated

FYI the mods will move your post to the appropriate BSOD forum. meanwhile...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

mini dump post

I couldn't zip so I'll do two posts with two attachments each

Attachments

• 012311-11622-01.dmp
    128 KB · Views: 2
  • 012411-12464-01.dmp
    128 KB · Views: 2
One error code is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware though sometimes by drivers. Nothing definitive was cited.

Your error is 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any. Your dump simply cited hardware as the issue and nothing more definitive.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source of 0x124/0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

See this link: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/35349-stop-0x124-what-means-what-try.html Due to the fact that these issues did not occur until after you upgraded to Windows 7 #2 in the link is a strong probability for the reason of your system crashes. Did you update hardware drivers including your motherboard chipset drivers after you updated to W7?

Back