Windows Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what is wrong with my PC. Over the weekend my Adobe acrobat somehow got removed from my PC. Downloaded a new version and everything seemed fine. On Monday, my computer would freeze up everytime I try to start it up. I tried to open it in safe mode last night, but I just get the option to open it to the last know configuration. I tried that, and when it boots up, my desk top displays the message that the active desktop cant be loaded.

Pretty much after that the computer acts like it's trying to load more things. I right click on the desktop and after a long time a box pops up, but I am unable to click on the properties option to try and fix the active desktop. the cursor eventaully goes off the hourglass, but I am still undable to click anything.

Two options:

First your Pc is infected and thus need to make a Windows clean up and new installation.

Second your PC contains corrupted files that Windows is having problem to read and work with.

I'm leaning towards it being infected. How do you perform a clean up and new installation if I can even get the desk top to load? Also, I'm fairly certain I don't have my windows XP disc. Got the pc from Best Buy and I think it was already loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back