Windows Genuine Validation

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeM076

I recently had a virus in my computer and as a result I used howard_hopkinso's method for getting rid of viruses. I am pretty sure the virus is gone,(thank's howard), but now everytime I try to download something from Microsoft, it says my copy of Windows Vista Home Premium is not genuine. My copy of Windows used to be validated, but now for some reason it is not. - - - -????!

- I don't know if this is connected with the other problem, but I also recently discovered that my download of Windows Media Player 11 is not playing .wmv files. I never had trouble with any of this, and now all of a sudden everything is going out of whack. Please, if anyone can help me with these two problems, that would be great! :)

Ok well I fixed the validation issue by fixing a few startup programs in msconfig. I still seem to be having the Windows Media Player 11 issue though. Windows Media Player won't play almost any type of media file, .mp3, wmv...
- It will only play .avi and .wav files.

nah WMP ftw!!

i got the same issues recently from a windows update
i had a folder of videos (all different types/formats) and after the update all teh friendly media player icons disappeared so im left with aload of icons which windows doesn't know what to do with...

im gonna try and reinstall all my video and audio codecs as i think the wmp updates could have made these redundant or something like that

ill let you know how i get on

i use the K-lite codec pack for video and audio as it seems to play most things

i know vlc plays most if not all things but i find the quality of play back really poor (prolly my settings tho :S )

Ok, thanks. Yeah I'm really interested in just getting Windows Media Player to work instead of ditching it and finding a new media player. I've tried the K-lite pack but that didn't seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back