Windows only starts up in safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackGhost

here is my problem: I was running a multi-boot system with Ubuntu Linux and Win XP with GRUB as the OS manager, but later on i got tired of Ubuntu as I was never using it, so I used Partition Magic to format the Linux partition, thinking it would just leave me with Win XP, and also remove GRUB. Unfortunately, I was wrong. When I restarted my computer, GRUB loads up (much to my suprise) and gives me an error message. Not good. So I pop in my Win XP install CD, repair the Win XP installation, and everything works out ok, except that after the Windows install, I start up my computer and the little Win XP logo shows up with the colored bar, but immediately after that, a blue error screen flickers up, and BEEP, my computer restarts. Then, it allows me to use Safe Mode. How do I fix this? I have tried to repair the Windows installation several times. Thanks for any help you can give.

Someone may know the solution of the top of their head, but untill then, does it give tou the option to disable the automatic reboot on BSod with that safe mode option? A computer I recently looked at did.

oh, right, but it flickers so fast that I can't read or do anything... where would I be able to change the option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back