windows xp stop error (wifi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey.

i have a sony vgn-s260 laptop, about a year old. i just sent it in for repairs because i kept getting the same stop error over and over. they replaced the motherboard among other things, to no avail, it still has the same problem. the problem appeared 1 year to the date of purchase, (coincidence?)...

anyway. here's the situation. when i turn my wifi switch on, and am browsing the internet, my laptop will stop error and reboot. i can't find a reason for it. it's random, no pattern. when the wifi is switched off, i have no problems.

nothing new has been installed, no new hardware or software.

i just upgraded my wifi router with the latest firmware, enabled a firewall, and added a password.

i've scanned my hdd for spyware and viruses, to no avail, everything is clean.

here's the catch though. a friend was over tonight using our wifi, and his computer did the same exact thing that mine does. blue screen, then reboot.

i thought maybe it could be a mix of radio frequencies interfering with something just right to cause a problem, but that's a long shot. or also, since the wifi usage potentially causes more heat, it could be getting too hot? i'm not sure, seems like that'd be a fault of sony...

i'm completely out of ideas here. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

i've attached the latest 5 .dmp (mini dump) files if anyone wants to take a look at them, i have no idea how to make sense of those.

again, thanks for any help.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at NDIS.sys. This is the Windows NDIS wrapper driver(Network Driver Interface Specification)

This is usually caused by your nic, or your wifi.

Try updating you nic/wifi drivers.

See HERE for further information about the NDIS.sys stop error.

You can also Google for NDIS.sys.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back