Info when you want it, right on your desktop
Google Desktop gives you easy access to information on your computer and from the web. It's a desktop search application that provides full text search over your email, computer files, music, photos, chats and web pages that you've viewed. By making your computer searchable, Google Desktop puts your information easily within your reach and frees you from having to manually organize your files, emails and bookmarks. It makes searching your computer as easy as searching the web with Google.
Google Desktop finds:
- Outlook / Outlook Express
- AOL Instant Messenger
- Internet Explorer
· Support for Google Gadgets
· Improved indexing
· Option to remove deleted files from search cache
The latest version of Google Desktop offers several new features:
- Google Gadgets: These new interactive mini-applications can be anything from games to search tools to media players, and you can also build your own. You can also configure certain gadgets to back up your gadget content and settings on Google Desktop's servers to protect your information. Saving your information in this manner also allows you to access it from your other computers by logging into your Google Account with Google Desktop. For instance, you can now 'synch' the To Do list on both your laptop and your desktop. To learn more about gadgets, please visit https://desktop.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=38978
- Improved indexing: When you move files, Google Desktop now updates your index more quickly and accurately. With the new “Re-Index” feature, you can also manually re-index your computer.
- Google Talk integration – With Google Talk, you can now send interesting emails, news clips, maps, weather, and stock information from your Sidebar to your friend's Sidebar, chat window, or email inbox using Google Talk. To learn more about this feature, please visit https://desktop.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=32894
- Search Across Computers: Through a secure login, you'll now have the ability to search your Google Desktop index from other computers. This feature will allow you to search your home computer from your work computer, for example. For more information about our Search Across Computers feature, please visit https://desktop.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=32889
- Advanced Search Page: Our new Advanced Search page will now allow you to limit your search to emails, web history, chats, files, folders, and other Outlook features. You can also set a date range for your searches. To learn more about this feature, please visit https://desktop.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=15651