DivX for Mac is a digital video creation and playback software suite with all the tools you need to create and play DivX video files on the Mac. DivX for Mac includes the DivX codec (with Pro features), the DivX Converter, the DivX Web Player and DivX playback support.
The DivX codec for Mac is a plug-in that allows you to create and play DivX videos. The DivX codec is now more powerful and easier to use than any previous versions. More importantly, the DivX codec is fully compatible with QuickTime and 7 and Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later. With the DivX codec, you can be certain that you will get the highest quality, performance and compression from your digital videos.
The DivX Converter is a stand-alone DivX encoding application for the Mac allowing you to convert nearly any digital video to DivX in one step, radically simplifying the conversion process, making it easier than ever to create high-quality, highly compressed DivX videos. However, because we know you still want precise control over the encoding process, the DivX Converter for Mac also provides tools to customize the advanced encoding settings of the DivX codec.
The DivX Web Player is a versatile utility that allows you to embed DivX videos directly on to a web page.
DivX for Mac also provides DivX playback support to the Mac platform. With DivX for Mac, you can use QuickTime or any application that supports QuickTime playback to watch any DivX video on your Mac, whether that video was created on a PC or a Mac.
DivX for Mac is available in English, French, German and Japanese in full or trial versions. The full version includes unlimited access to the DivX Converter and the DivX codec (with Pro features).
Here are some key features of "DivX for Mac OS X":
- Manage your devices — Activate and manage DivX Certified devices including DVD players, portable media players and more from within the DivX Player interface
- Play DivX videos — Watch DivX videos (the way they were meant to be seen)
- Bask in cinematic luxury — Enjoy a truly cinematic experience on your computer with elegant features like desktop dimming, automatic window fade-out and innovative mouse gesture controls that allow you to manipulate playback without interrupting the viewing experience
- Easily convert to DivX — Convert videos to DivX by launching the DivX Converter from within the player interface
- Burn DivX video discs — Burn DivX discs and take your videos off the computer, to the living room and beyond
- Experience DivX high definition — Enjoy crisp DivX HD video on your Mac
- Play other popular file formats — The DivX Player for Mac also supports QuickTime and other popular video formats
- Play videos as your desktop background — Set up videos to play as your desktop background for an entirely new work experience
- Play DivX videos in QuickTime, Front Row and many other 3rd party media players
- Compress digital video 5 to 10 times more than MPEG-2/DVD format and hundreds of times over raw digital video
- Create DivX video files from within QuickTime Pro 7 or later
- Encode high definition (HD) video at resolutions up to 1080p
- Enjoy support for multi-chip and multi-core PowerPC and Intel Macs for faster multi-threaded encoding
- Achieve the perfect balance between visual quality and performance with six carefully optimized encoding modes
- Reduce grain and low-light noise (common with DV cameras) with the automated noise reduction feature
DivX Web Player
- Plays all DivX videos - Play any DivX video in your web browser
- Cross-platform support - Compatible with nearly every popular web browser
- Superior compression - Enables higher quality video at smaller file sizes
- Full-screen mode - Double-clicking on the screen switches playback to full-screen mode for a more cinematic experience
- Full-screen navigation controls - Left clicking in full-screen mode accesses convenient video navigation controls
- Windowed mode - Allows users to watch videos in a separate window while continuing to surf (right click on the player to access it)
- HD Playback - Supports DivX high definition (HD) video
- Skinnable - Allows webmasters to personalize the player to match their web pages
- Multiple audio tracks - Supports multiple available audio tracks
- Subtitles - Allows subtitles for multiple languages
- Desktop dimmer – Automatically dims the desktop screen around the web player while videos are playing for a better viewing experience
- Converting your videos to DivX is now as simple as dropping them onto the DivX Converter and clicking 'Convert.' (A vast improvement from the originally suggested "23-step DivX Converter.")
- Create DivX files: Turn nearly any video file into a DivX video
- Batch encode: Convert multiple files to DivX in a single step
- Work faster: Convert up to 8 times faster (compared to DivX.0)
- Crop and resize videos
- Remove black borders
- Change encoding bitrates
- Control quality versus encoding speed
- Transfer video to your certified handheld or portable device
- Store an entire video library on your hard drive without taking up valuable storage space
- Post your home movies online
- Email videos to your friends (or enemies)
- New Versions: DivX Player 2.1
- DivX Player 2.1: Leopard Support
- DivX Player 2.1: Now supports registration of DivX certified devices.
- DivX Player 2.1:Support for DivX file with XSUBs