Save your files effortlessly and open your folders instantly—Default Folder X makes Mac OS X's Open and Save dialogs work as quickly as you do. Custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
You can access the contents of your recent, favorite, and open folders right from Default Folder X's toolbar. Its hierarchical pop-up menus expand as you mouse over them, letting you navigate your folders to get to your files. To work faster, you can assign a keyboard shortcut for all of your favorite folders. If an Open and Save dialog isn't open, then you can use Default Folder X's menu bar, Dock icon, or keyboard shortcuts.
Real time saving
If you're constantly saving things inside the same folder, Default Folder X can remember that folder for you. You can even set a different default folder for each application you use. That way, you'll already be in the right folder when you're working.
Have you ever wanted to save a file to an open Finder window? Default Folder X lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click. It also lets you get info on, rename, and delete existing files, putting the Finder's power in every Open and Save dialog.
To help you quickly return to folders you've recently used, Default Folder X remembers them for you. It can even rebound to the last file you used in all your recent folders. With Default Folder X, you'll never forget where you put something.
Spotlight on the spot
Mac OS X delivers amazing search capabilities with Spotlight, but adding your own search keywords requires a trip to the Finder's Get Info window. No more! Default Folder X lets you add Spotlight keywords and Finder labels on the spot, while you're still in the Save dialog. It even remembers keywords you've used before and automatically completes them as you type.
- There's a new Quick Start panel that's displayed the first time you run Default Folder X or if you choose "Quick Start" from its menu in the menu bar.
- In its menus, Default Folder X now merges the contents of the /Applications and /System/Applications folders when running on Catalina. This makes them consistent with the Finder.
- Default Folder X's Finder window drawer will correctly open when clicking on the Finder's icon in the Dock to bring the Finder to the front.
- The preference "Open & Save > When opening a folder in the Finder switch to the Finder / stay in the file dialog" did not work correctly. This has been fixed.
- The preference "Menus > Sort submenus by Name / Date" wasn't correctly disabled when "Show the contents of folders using submenus" was turned off.
- Corrected a problem that could cause Default Folder X's bezel around a file dialog to disappear if the file dialog was quickly switched to the background and then back to the foreground.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the "Save all attachments" dialog in Apple Mail to get stuck.