Norton Anti-Virus 9.x/10.x Defs are the latest anti-virus detection files.
The installer will automatically update Norton AntiVirus for Mac virus definitions and engine files to detect and repair the most recently discovered Macintosh viruses. This file is a self-extracting archive which contains the Norton AntiVirus Virus Definitions Installer.
Once downloaded and expanded on your hard drive, simply double-click on the Installer and the appropriate files will be installed on your computer.
They are also available via the LiveUpdate feature in Norton Anti-Virus 9.x/10.x.
How to update Symantec Norton AntiVirus for Mac:
- Click on the download now button found here.
- Depending on the version of your Norton product the Intelligent Updater file should be:
- For Norton AntiVirus 11.x (Intel Processor), click the first file name in the list. The file name starts with NavM_Intel_Installer. e.g. NavM_Intel_Installer_20110323_US.zip.
- For Norton AntiVirus 11.x (PowerPC processor) and Norton AntiVirus 10.x or earlier versoins (PowerPC or Intel processor), click the second file in the list. The file name starts with NavM9_Installer. e.g. NavM9_Installer_20110323_US.zip.
- Once the file is downloaded, extact the zip file.
- Double-click the installer file SymantecAVDefs_ppc.pkg.
- If prompted, type your Administrator password.
- Click Install.
- After the virus definitions are updated, click Quit at the next prompt.