It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.
- ExtEnc: Added %(outputbasename) to insert output filename without extension.
- ExtEnc: Editor UI now has a drop-down for tokens.
- Filters: Expanded color space support in resize filter.
- Preview: Return now also stops preview.
- AVI: Added Copy button to AVI file information dialog.
- AVI: Fixed bitsPerPixel value for NV12 output.
- Capture: Improved error handling in screen capture module.
- Capture: Fixed sporadic errors in DXGI 1.2 screen capture mode related to tracking pointer shape changes.
- Capture: Spill drives can be adjusted on Windows XP.
- Display: Fixed regression in D3D effects display mode.
- ExtEnc: Fixed weird selection behavior when duplicating item.
- Filters: Fixed script operation for Convert Format filter for the new modes.
- Filters: Fixed crash when attempting to crop video in a format that isn't AVI-compatible.
- Filters: Fixed cropping errors on alias format filter.
- Filters: Fixed issues with interpolate filter in nearest mode.
- GIF: Fixed shifted presentation timings when reading animated GIFs.
- Render: The processing priority setting now correctly adjusts the priority of filter and compression worker threads too when multithreading is enabled.
- TARGA: Fixed vertical inversion issues during read.
- UI: Add Windows 8.1 per-monitor DPI awareness support.
Software similar to VirtualDub 3
More than a simple screen recorder, Camtasia gives you the tools you need to truly customize and edit your videos.
- Free to Try
CamStudio is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer.
Fraps is a universal Windows application that can be used with all games using DirectX or OpenGL technology.