How does it work? Just pick up your sample, drop it in any channel and start the show by using this tiny piece of software as a loop machine, drum machine, sequencer, live sampler or yet as an effect (VST) host. Giada aims to be a compact and portable virtual device for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows for production use and live sets.
lots of useful tools
Tweak your sounds with the live sampler from external sources, the live quantizer, a built-in wave editor, the action recorder and the action editor.
vst plugin support
An experimental feature which transforms Giada into a native VST host. Plugin support for Linux, Windows and OS X, of course.
lightweight and powerful
32 bit floating point audio engine, sample-accurate looping system, multithread support. 100% exotic dependencies free.
100% open-source GPL
Giada is constantly under development, free for use and distribution: you can use it without any limitations. Help us to improve it more!
- New 'free loop-length' audio recording mode (#63)
- Many AudioBuffer improvements
- Audio configuration panel refactoring
- KernelAudio improvements and cleanups
- Relaxed BPM handling when working with JACK
- Install executable to FHS compliant location (#450)
- [CI] Don't UPX binaries on macOS (#459)
- Fix Overdub protection ON by default not working (#460)
- Fix crash when moving up from a deleted folder (#455)