How does it work? Just pick up your sample, drop it in any channel and start the show by using this tiny piece of software as a loop machine, drum machine, sequencer, live sampler or yet as an effect (VST) host. Giada aims to be a compact and portable virtual device for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows for production use and live sets.
lots of useful tools
Tweak your sounds with the live sampler from external sources, the live quantizer, a built-in wave editor, the action recorder and the action editor.
vst plugin support
An experimental feature which transforms Giada into a native VST host. Plugin support for Linux, Windows and OS X, of course.
lightweight and powerful
32 bit floating point audio engine, sample-accurate looping system, multithread support. 100% exotic dependencies free.
100% open-source GPL
Giada is constantly under development, free for use and distribution: you can use it without any limitations. Help us to improve it more!
- New internal engine<->UI architecture
- New persistence layer
- New MIDI queue for incoming live MIDI messages
- Switch to std::thread
- Absolute #include paths in source code
- Removed 'boost' parameter from Sample Channel
- Show missing (and removable) plug-ins in Plug-in Window list
- Removed FLTK multithreading initialization