Integrated Google Maps Street View allow you to explore the world at street level. Browse layers including roads, borders, places, photos and more. Visit the Earth Gallery to find exciting maps such as real-time earthquakes, planes in flight, hiking trails, city tours, and more.
Use the new “tour guide” to easily discover exciting new places to explore. With a quick swipe on the tab at the bottom of the screen, you can bring up a selection of virtual tours from around the globe. With new 3D imagery, you can now fly through complete 3D recreations of select cities, including San Francisco, Boston, Rome, and others. With every building modeled in 3D, you truly get a sense of flying above the city. 3D imagery is available on select devices, including most tablets.
- A one finger swipe to move the globe
- A two-finger pinch and rotate to zoom in and out and rotate your viewpoint
- Two-fingers swiped together to tilt your view
- A one-finger double-tap to zoom in
- A two-finger double-tap to zoom out
See the world through another's eyes with the new Photos layer. The new Photos layer—available from the menu—enables you to explore user-contributed photos from every corner of the globe, right on the map.
- An improved search experience now includes locations, suggested points of interest, data layers, and guided tours in Voyager.
- View your geocoded Google+ photos in Google Earth
- Google Maps Street View: With Street View, you can explore the world at street level.
- Improved directions/search: Updated directions let you can visualize transit, walk, bike and drive directions in 3D while update search result list will let you browse search results quickly.
- Improved interface: Easily browse and enable different layers through use of new left hand panel