Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit BETA, formerly ExploitShield by ZeroVulnerabilityLabs, protects you from zero-day exploits targeting browser and application vulnerabilities. Its proprietary technology shields your browser and applications in that critical period between the release of a new exploit and its subsequent security patch. Easy to install and lightweight. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit BETA now and crush the most dangerous breed of malware attack.
- Protects Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera browsers
- Protects browser components, including Java, Adobe Reader, Flash, and Shockwave
- Defends against drive-by download attacks
- Shields vulnerable applications, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, Apple Quicktime, and VLC Player
- Blocks unknown and common exploit kits, including Blackhole, Sakura, Phoenix, and Incognito
- Is compatible with most common anti-malware and antivirus products
- Doesn’t use a signature database—no need for constant updating
- Engine (DLL) code re-write to improve stability and compatibility.
- Added mitigations DEP Enformcement, Anti-HeapSpraying and BottomUp ASLR.
- Added new Layer0 "Application Hardening" protections.
- Added Layer1 new generic ROP protection mitigations.
- Added Layer1 new StackPivoting 64bit protection mitigation.
- Added Layer2 new caller mitigations for 64bits.
- Added Layer3 new application behavior mitigations.
- Added trial mode to allow for testing of Premium version.
- Added Quarantine of blocked payloads from Layer3 detections.
- Added filename details for default and custom shields.
- Added graphic user interface bitmaps.
- Added new "Protection stopped" traybar balloon.
- Added new counter which counts apps instead of processes.
- Improved IPC communication between Service and protection DLL.
- Improved management of 64bit processes by keeping mbae64.exe running.
- Improved "other" custom shield profile to reduce potential FPs.
- Improved Foxit Reader default shield to shield the latest version.
- Improved exploit threat telemetry and logging.
- Fixed false positive when opening Word or Excel under certain conditions.
- Fixed false positive when installing and running Silverlight for the first time.
- Fixed injection driver to resolve conflicts with third-party applications.
- Fixed multi-select and edit options in Shields and Exclusions tab.
- Fixed traybar icon right-click bug under Windows 8.1.
- Fixed UI closing when right-clicking on traybar icon.
- Fixed bug when double-clicking the traybar icon with UI open.
- Fixed issues with shielded apps counter with Chrome and Java.
- Fixed bug when uninjecting under certain conditions.
- Fixed remaining issues which caused Java FPs under certain conditions.
- Fixed DoS condition in the MBAE driver.