Photivo tries to provide the best algorithms available; even if this implies some redundancy. So, to my knowledge, it offers the most flexible and powerful denoise, sharpen and local contrast (fake HDR) algorithms in the open source world. (If not, let's port them ;-)) Although, to get the desired results, there may be a quite steep learning curve ;-).
Photivo is just a developer, no manager and no “Gimp”. It is intended to be used in a workflow together with digiKam/F-Spot/Shotwell and Gimp. It needs a quite strong computer and is not aimed at beginners.
- 16-bit internal processing, color managed with LCMS2.
- Gimp workflow integration (import and export)
- Works with RAWs and Bitmaps (8 bit bitmaps are transformed and processed with 16 bit, which usually gives better results).
- CA correction, Green equilibration, line denoise, badpixel reduction, wavelet denoise, median filters on RAW data.
- Perspective correction (tilt and turn), distorsion and geometry (also defish) correction
- Demosaicing: Bilinear, VNG, VNG4, PPG, AHD, DCB, mod. AHD, VCD, LMMSE, AMaZE (needs work!).
- RGB, R, G, B, L*, a*, b*, Texture, Detail, Denoise, Hue, Saturation, L* by Hue, Base curve.
- Tonemapping (Reinhard 05 (RGB Brighten), Fattal et al. (Dynamic range compress)).
- Several local contrast filters (HiRaLoAm (Local contrast), texture contrast, local contrast stretch).
- Sharpen (Edge avoiding wavlets, USM, Highpass, Inverse diffusion, Wiener filter, Gradient sharpen).
- Denoise, seperately on Luminance and Color (Edge avoiding wavelets, GreyCStoration, Wavelet, Masked bilateral, Pyramid) and via a hue or luminance sensitive denoise curve.
- Adaptive saturation.
- Film grain simulation.
- Black and white conversion.
- (Split) Toning.
- Cross processing.
- Gradual overlay (like Cokin(R) GND filters).
- Softglow / Orton.
- Texture overlay (external texture)
- Fake tilt/shift, toy effect
- Batch mode
- Translations: Dutch, French, German, Italian and Russian.
Apps similar to Photivo 4
Image and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers that run Windows.
Convert, Edit, And Compose Images.
Photoshop CS2 pushes the envelope with powerful features and simplified workflows that provide photographers and creative professionals the freedom to deliver stunning images.