As featured in:
- 5 Google Chrome Alternatives That Do Things Better
- Why Incognito Mode and Private Browsing are Not Private
- Rundown of Must-Have Portable Apps
When it comes to your life online, you have a choice: accept the factory settings or put your privacy first. When you choose Firefox as your default browser, you’re choosing to protect your data while supporting an independent tech company. Firefox is also the only major browser backed by a non-profit fighting to give you more openness, transparency and control of your life online. Join hundreds of millions of people who choose to protect what's important by choosing Firefox.
- Now you can choose whatever default browser you want. Maybe think about using the only super-fast, ultra-private browser that’s backed by a non-profit? No pressure though.
- Go from laptop to iPhone to iPad and back without skipping a beat.
- Find it fast with Firefox's search bar and organize your tabs the way you like it.
Read on for all the reasons to choose Firefox now...
Fast. Private. Safe.
Keep what’s personal private without sacrificing speed. With Firefox, you can have more control to decide what to share online and when, because your life is your business. We designed Firefox with smart browsing features that let you take your privacy, passwords, and bookmarks with you safely wherever you go.
Make Firefox your own
With the release of iOS 14, you can now make Firefox your go-to, get-it-done, default browser. And with Firefox widgets, you can jump right to searching the web or using private browsing mode straight from your phone’s home screen.
Privacy control in all the right places
Firefox gives you greater privacy protection while you’re on the web. By default, Firefox blocks trackers and scripts such as social media trackers, cross-site cookie trackers, cryptominers and fingerprinters. In addition to Apple’s Intelligent Tracking Prevention, setting Firefox’s Enhanced Tracking Protection to strict blocks tracking content in all windows. Also, you can easily choose to search in Private Browsing Mode. And when you close Private Browsing Mode, your browsing history and any cookies are automatically erased from your device.
Own your life wherever you internet
Add Firefox across your devices for secure, seamless browsing. Sync your devices to take your favorite bookmarks, saved logins and browsing history wherever you go. Send open tabs between mobile and desktop. And Firefox makes password management easy by remembering your passwords across devices. Take your internet life everywhere, knowing that your data is safe, never sold.
Find it fast with Firefox's Search Bar
Get search suggestions in the Search Bar and quickly access the sites you visit most. Type in your search question, and get suggested and previously searched results across your favorite search engines.
Organize your tabs the way you like
Create as many tabs as you like without losing track. Firefox displays your open tabs as thumbnails and numbered tabs, making it easy to find what you want quickly.
Discover more of what you love
Find and share great content across your devices. Open a new tab in your web browser to see the sites you visit most, your recent bookmarks and popular articles on Pocket. Firefox gives you quick access to your most recently used sites to help you get where you’re going fast, without hassle.
Share anything in a few taps
The Firefox web browser makes it easy to share links to web pages or specific items on a page with easy, quick access to your most recently used apps.
- Bug fixes and technical improvements.
- Visual improvements to our new tab page.
- The ability to decide which folder your new bookmark should get added to.
- A new experimentation platform. This will allow us to test changes in the app to ensure our users are getting the best experience. For users who do not want to be included in experiments, there is a toggle called 'Studies' in the settings to opt-out.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
Recent Firefox for iPhone news
Software similar to Firefox for iPhone 2
Opera Browser is a lightning fast, safe and private web browser. Its award-winning design is tailored for speed & one-handed use on the go. The best browser for iOS.
- Apple iOS
Browse fast with Chrome, now available on your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Sign in to sync your personalized Chrome experience from your computer, and bring it with you anywhere you go.
- Apple iOS