Scout-App is a cross-platform desktop app that delivers the power of Sass to the hands of web designers. Scout-app helps make your CSS workflow a snap by delivering more control, optimization, and organization. No developer required.
It's been a little over two years since our last release. We've added a few features, fixed some bugs, and gotten lots of help translating the app to new languages. Checkout the details below.
Changes since 2.12.12 (Dec. 23rd, 2016)
All Code changes since 2.12.12
- Added Zorin 12 and Debian 8 as supported OS's (Still supporting XP+, Ubuntu 12/14/16, and OSX 10.6+)
- Updated Node-Sass version from 3.8.0 to 4.11.0
- Updated how built-in mixin library support works, to reduce liklihood of bad guesses by Scout-App
- Added Sass-Boost to built in mixin libraries
- Updated W3Suli Theme (#313) - Somfai Tibor
- Added "export settings" helper function. (#344)
- Automatic Update Checking on launch (#382)
- New Feature: Atomic Saves Delay
- New Feature Contribution: tonextone - Project specific control over CRLF/LF line endings for files. (#363 #368)
- New Feature Contribution: jaumesegarra - Send to tray on close (#278 #353)
- New Feature Contribution: jaumesegarra - Start minimized (#278 #353)
- New Feature Contribution: turshija - added a native menubar to OSX (#320)
- Scout-App doesn't save environment compression setting (#324)
- grid-template-columns: [ name ] throws a syntax error (#350)
- Source Map path wrong (#359)
- List index issue (#379)
- Updated documentation
- Completely ported all feature ideas to the issues board.
- Organized the GitHub Projects boards
- Added in support for RTL languages (Arabic, Hebrew, Persian)
- Fixed breaking changes caused by dependencies used in our automated script that downloads and updates the translations dictionary.
- Split dictionaries for each language out to their own translation files to make adding in support to existing releases easier for users that don't want to wait for the next release.
- Improve automated machine-based translations
- Scout-App has more than doubled the amount of languages it supports. We've added the following:
- Albanian (Shqip) (#362) - Dajan Vulaj
- Arabic (عربى) (#332) - mrg0lden
- Brazilian Portuguese (Português do Brasil) (#342 #352 #355 #358 #377) - Thiago Mallet, Pablo Zuniga, Claudemir Casa, Paulo Santana
- Bulgarian (български) (#314) - Belkin Fahri
- Chinese Simplified (简"中-) (#339) - YIXIANG ZHANG (Alafly)
- Finnish (Suomen) (#306) - Sami Singh
- German (Deutsch) (#315 #375) - Tobias Dickgreber, Michael Horstmann
- Hebrew (ע''ר'ית) (#310) - Shai Shapira
- Indonesian (Indonesia) (#371) - Dhany Nurdiansyah
- Japanese (-本語) (#357) - Taiji Baba (tonextone)
- Marathi (मराठी)
- Norwegian (Norsk) (#351) - Marius Akerbæk
- Persian (فارسی)
- Polish (Polski) (#311) - Mateusz Michnowicz
- Romanian (Română) (#376) - Radu de la ProAppSoft, Tresco
- Spanish Argentina (Español Argentina) (#340) - Mariano Wadi Jacobo
- Swedish (Svenska) (#374) - Jimmie Carlsson
- Turkish (Türkçe) (#338) - Cemal Taşkıran
- Ukranian (Укра-нська) (#393) - Tymur Faradzhev
- And we still support the following, some of which have been updated/improved:
- Chinese Traditional (中-)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands) (#328) - Yowkah
- French (Français) (#329) - ghost
- Hungarian (Magyar) (#312) - Somfai Tibor
- Italian (Italiano)
- Redneck (Real America)
- Russian (Русский)
- Spanish (Español)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
- Reduced the distribution size by about 25%
- Travis-CI support
- Automated handling downloading the latest LibSass bindings that match Scout-App's Node version.
- Update JS and Sass linting rules
- Removed dependency on Bower (#337)
- Updated most of the dependencies
Albanian, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Redneck, Romanian, Russian, Spanish (Argentina), Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, & Vietnamese
Scout-App 2 was designed with a powerful translation engine allowing it to change languages on the fly.
- Windows: At least 64MB of available RAM. At least 111MB of free space. XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10. 32-Bit or 64-Bit OS (ARM not supported).
- macOS: At least 64MB of available RAM. At least 159MB of free space. 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11. 64-Bit OS only (32-Bit and ARM are not supported).
- Linux: At least 64MB of available RAM. At least 152MB of free space. Ubuntu 12, Ubuntu 14, Ubuntu 16, Debian 8, Zorin 9, Zorin 11. 32-Bit or 64-Bit OS (ARM not supported). Some other Linux OS's (particularly Debian based) may work, though are not officially supported.