Buttercup uses very strong encryption to protect your sensitive details under a single master password - Feel free to use stronger and more complex passwords for each service and let Buttercup store them securely.
Buttercup is free to download and use and is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. Use it alongside the browser extension and mobile app for a completely portable experience.
Buttercup for Mobile
Take your login credentials wherever you go by installing the free iOS or Android app on your phone. Buttercup mobile gives you access to the same archives you use on the desktop application and browser extension, so your newly added details can be seen on all of your devices.
Buttercup’s mobile applications employ similar safety techniques to banking applications, such as auto-lock and a security overlay when the app is minimized.
Strong 256bit AES encrypted archives that meet today's security standards. Rest assured that your credentials are safe.
Easy-to-use interfaces with basic concepts make storing and finding your login details a piece of cake.
Buttercup's software is free to download and use, forever. It's also available for all major platforms.
- New settings window that allows configuring Buttercup more extensively #140
- Global Hotkey #702
- Disable creating new items in Trash #871
- Shows a warning when two duplicate custom keys are added #717
- Fixes an issue where the app version wasn't visible in Help menu #866
- Fixes Google Drive authentication issues #850
Other fixes and improvements:
- Improved Indonesian translation (#819)
- Improved Turkish translation (#852)
- Fixed wrong version in help menu (#845)
Software similar to Buttercup 3
Lastpass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure.
KeePass Password Safe is a light-weight and easy-to-use password manager.
RoboForm is a free password manager and one-click web form filler with some serious Artificial Intelligence.