The ASUS RT-N66U dual-band wireless-N900 gigabit router delivers incredible performance and coverage range. With new ASUSWRT UI, quickly setup your network, customize user access, and monitor signal strength. Following the award-winning RT-N56U, the RT-N66U increases Wi-Fi speed for both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz transmission by 50% up to 900Mbps that makes it ideal for bandwidth demanding tasks such as 3D HD video streaming, multiplayer gaming, USB hard drive file sharing, and USB connected printer sharing. Built-in Wi-Fi amplifiers make the RT-N66U the perfect wireless router for larger, multi-level homes and buildings with signal range that reaches virtually any area.
Whether you’re a tech-savvy enthusiast or a first-time user, the RT-N66U is exceptional easy to use with CD-free, Quick Installation Setup (QIS) that lets you plug-n-surf right out of the box and connect PCs, smartphones, tablets, and other wireless devices quickly. Thanks to its refined interface tools, you get control like never before, letting you monitor signal strength, setup parental settings, and other useful functions in a robust yet intuitive way.
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Concurrent Dual-Band Transmissions for Strong Signal Strength and Ultra-Fast Connection Rates up to 900Mbps
- ASUS AiCloud service: Access, stream, share, sync – all on the go with unlimited storage expansion!
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports for the Fastest, Most Reliable Internet Performance
- Download Master for Wireless Data Storage and Access to Router-Connected USB Storage Devices
- Expanded Wireless Coverage with Detachable High-Powered Antennas
- File Sharing, Printer Sharing, and 3G Sharing via Two Multi-Functional Built-in USB Ports
- ASUSWRT Dashboard UI for Easy Setup, Signal Monitoring, and Network Application Control
Designed for Class-Leading Speed and Range
Designed with the latest in networking technology, the RT-N66U delivers exceptionally fast wired and wireless connectivity. What’s more, it comes with a powerful detachable Wi-Fi antenna to further extend wireless range.
Consistent worldwide praise for networking excellence
ASUS routers package the speediest performance in artistic styling, with the RT-N66U winning a Reddot 2012 design award for its elegance. It’s the fastest N900 Wi-Fi router on the market, tested by SmallNetBuilder.com and honored by a CES 2011 Innovations Award. Noticeable network speed gains available to customers have been mentioned by C’T Magazine, and the RT-N66U has tallied over 90 awards and recommendations from international media.
The one place for all your data – ASUS AiCloud
ASUS AiCloud is a smart and easy mobile application that brings your ASUS cloud experience to iOS and Android. Access, stream, sync, and share all your files on the go from both public and private cloud storage services.
Dual-Band Connectivity for Lag-Free Entertainment
Delivering both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz concurrent bands up to 450Mbps and 450Mbps respectively, the RT-N66U has a total speed of up to 900Mbps connectivity to provide speed with stability. Perform basic internet tasks like Web browsing and file downloading under the 2.4 GHz band, while also simultaneously streaming 3D HD content and other demanding applications smoothly on the 5 GHz band.
Optimized and Reliable Wireless Coverage via Ai Radar
ASUS Ai Radar intelligently strengthens connections to wireless devices. With high-powered amplification and beam package, it provides optimized signals in any direction with better coverage to improve data throughput.
- Potential security issue from UPnP overflow.
- Wireless time control related bugs.
- Media server related issues when lan subnet change or USB hot plug
- IPv6 over PPPoE interoperability issues.
- PPPoE password setting error in Advanced wan setting.
- Wireless MAC filter can block the client which connected to guest network.
- Upgrade to latest Broadcom driver.
- Enhance the PPPoE NAT throughput.
- Enhance both 2.4GHz and 5GHz throughput.
- Support Huawai E353 3G/4G USB dongle.
- The router setting URL is changed to http://router.asus.com, use the original URL http://www.asusnetwork.net can also go to the setting page.
- Optimize for XBOX option in Advanced Setting-->Wireless-->General. Enable this function can stabilize streaming speed.
- Network tools in Advanced setting
- WOL user interface (wake on LAN)
- H.323 and SIP passthrough can be disabled in Advanced Settings --> WAN -->NAT Passthrough
- Click the device name and lookup the manufacturer information
- Change the DHCP query frequency in Advanced settings-->WAN-->Internet connection to resolve the ISP compatibility issue. Special thanks to Merlin for his contribution.
- Add deleted button in upload file page.
- Fixed share link management bugs.
- Fixed the file and folder rename bugs.
- Fixed IE9 file upload compatibility issue.
- Known issues
- The router need to reboot after 3G/4G USB dongle setting. It caused longer setting time. If you use the 3G/4G router mode, we recommend staying in 22.214.171.124.270.