So you can point, wave, reach, and grab. Even pick something up and put it down. Just like in real life. It’s an amazing device for the things you do every day and for things you never thought you could do.
Ten fingers, two hands and one huge leap.
This tiny device is technology’s next biggest advancement. Now you can interact with your computer in real, natural ways. You know, like the human that you are. That’s huge.
The Leap Motion Controller is sleek, light, and tiny (it’s just 3″ long). It takes up hardly any space on your desk, but you use the space above it.
Do almost anything without touching anything.
You can only do so much on a computer with clicks and taps. But with the Leap Motion Controller and our apps, nothing’s holding hands and fingers back. So almost anything's possible.
- Browse the web, read articles, flip through photos, and play music just by lifting a finger.
- Draw, paint, and design with your fingertip. You can even use a real pencil or paintbrush.
- Slice falling fruit and shoot bad guys with your finger. Steer cars and fly planes with your hands.
- Sculpt, mold, stretch, bend, and build 3D objects. Take things apart and put them back together.
- Reach into the universe, grab the stars, and soar around the sun. It’s a whole new way to learn.
- Pick, pluck, strum, and drum. Play air guitar, air harp, air everything. For real.
A little bit of magic. A lot of freedom.
All that wide open space between you and your computer is now just for hands and fingers. The Leap Motion Controller senses almost every little move they make, and every big one, too. Technically speaking, it’s 8 cubic feet of interactive, three-dimensional space. But you can say it’s magic.
Our technology, inspired by yours.
In just one hand, you have 29 bones, 29 joints, 123 ligaments, 48 nerves, and 30 arteries. That’s sophisticated, complicated, and amazing technology (times two). Yet it feels effortless. The Leap Motion Controller has come really close to figuring it all out.
This is precisely about accuracy.
The Leap Motion Controller tracks all 10 fingers up to 1/100th of a millimeter. It's dramatically more sensitive than existing motion control technology. That's how you can draw or paint mini masterpieces inside a one-inch cube.
It’s all in your reach – and grasp and grip.
It’s a super-wide 150° field of view and a Z-axis for depth. That means you can move your hands in 3D, just like you do in the real world. With Leap Motion apps, you can reach out and grab objects. Move them around. Even change your perspective.
When you move, it moves.
The Leap Motion Controller can track your movements at a rate of over 200 frames per second. That’s how the action on your screen keeps up with your every move.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows 7+ or Mac OS X 10.7+
- AMD Phenom II or Intel Core i3/i5/i7 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection
- August 21, 2013
- Mac OS X
- 1,326 downloads
- 76.5 MB