Windows Operating System shall successfully load the driver only when Samsung NVMe SSD 960 PRO, 960 EVO or 950 PRO is installed to:
- PCIe slot directly connected to CPU or
- M.2 or PCIe slot connected to PCH
However, in the PCH case, Windows Operating System cannot load the driver under following BIOS configurations where
- PCH Storage Configuration is set to “Raid Mode, or NAND/Storage Remapping option*” is enabled.
- Improve interoperability with Virtual Machine Software (e.g. Microsoft Hyper-V)
How to install:
Download and Decompression
- If you download the driver zip file, “Samsung_NVM_Express_Driver_23.zip” and decompress it, you will see the driver installer file, “Samsung NVMe Driver 2.3.exe”.
Installing the SMASUNG NVM Express Driver 2.3
- Double click the “Samsung NVMe Driver 2.3.exe” file with the administrator rights.
- When the below screen pops up, select setup language and click OK to begin the installation.
- Samsung NVMe Driver Setup Wizard. When the below screen pops up, continue with the installation by clicking next.
- License Agreement: When the below Samsung License Agreement screen pops up, please read the agreement, click the “I accept the agreement” button and click Next to continue with the installation.
- Ready to Install. Now, the Samsung NVM Express driver is ready to install. Click Install to continue with the installation.
- Restarting the Computer now. Lastly, when the setup completion screen pops up, complete the installation by clicking “Yes, restart the computer now” or “No, I will restart the computer later” button and then click Finish. (We recommend restarting the computer after the installation)
- Repair and Uninstall. Repair and uninstallation of the driver can be performed via the Programs and Features section within the Control Panel. Alternatively the user can launch the installer executable file (with administrator rights) and complete the desire action this way. Repair tries to fix errors, while uninstall removes the driver from the computer.
Confirming the installed driver
If you initiate the Windows Device Manager, a list of all the hardware present in your system is shown. If “Samsung NVMe Controller” is shown below the “Storage controllers” as below, the installation is successful.