You start an application that tells you that a new version is available. You suddenly realize that with every start this application connects to the developer's server. Even statistics information about your computer may be sent this way. Little Snitch helps you avoid this situation.
Trojan horses - i.e. programs transmitting unconsciously data stored on your computer - can be detected by Little Snitch and prevented on the transmission of data.
- Prevents applications from "phoning home".
- Protects you from trojans, worms, and other network parasites.
- Shows which applications send information over the internet.
- Provides a higher level of security for the paranoid.
- Added rule backup functionality (Rules > Backup…)
- Import of unsuitable backup files is no longer possible.
- Installer now repairs filesystem permissions if necessary.
- Pressing cancel in the connection alert window now cancels all connection attempts for terminated processes.
- Improved alert timeout behaviour.
- Improved handling of DashboardClient application.
- Improved detection of Unix executables.
- Fixed an issue which caused an “Internal communication error” message.
- Fixed an issue where preference settings were non-persistent.
- Fixed an issue which caused missing traffic indication in menu bar item.
- Fixed a rare kernel panic.
- Removed obsolete help pages.
- Various other bug fixes and improvements.