USB Flash Drives Control 220.127.116.11
USB Flash Drives Control is a small and easy to use program that runs in system tray, next to the system clock, and provides quick access to control the way in which the USB flash drives are used on your computer.
USB Flash Drives Control offers four operating modes:
- Enable USB Flash Drives - This is the default Windows setting. USB Flash drives are allowed.
- Deny Execute Mode - By enabling this setting, execute access will be denied for all executable files on all USB flash drives used on the current computer, for all user accounts. This ensures a plus of security to the system against dangerous and malicious software, like worms, backdoors or password stealers. This option is available only for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- Read Only Mode - By enabling this setting, write access will be denied on all USB flash drives used on the computer. All USB flash drives become read-only and the users can't copy data on them.
- Disable USB Flash Drives - By enabling this option, the USB flash drives will not be allowed on the computer. If this option is enabled, all the connected drives must be removed in order to make this setting to apply to them.
- Just one small executable file. All features are packed in the same file.
- Intuitive and easy accessible interface in the system tray.
- Enable or disable USB flash drives with just a mouse click.
- Deny execute access to all executable files from all USB flash drives.
- Deny write access on all USB flash drives used on the computer.
- Lock the current state of the program with a password.
- Display free space and total space for the mounted USB flash drives.
- Explore the contents of the USB flash drives easily.
- Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.