Remote Profile Cleaner 4.0b build 604
Remote Profile Cleaner is an enhanced replacement for the Windows DelProf.
Remote Profile Cleaner is an enhanced replacement for the Windows DelProf ® utility to remove (delete) user profiles on local or remote workstations running the Windows NT4, 2000 and Windows XP operating system.
User profiles can grow large and may take up considerable disk space, especially if there are several users using one computer. Because of this, you may want to use Remote Profile Cleaner to free disk space by deleting profiles that are no longer required.
* Removes profiles even when users are logged on
* Supports command-line switches for scheduled clean-up actions
* Creates automatically log-files of clean-up actions
* Log file shows statistics of available and recovered disk space
* Optional message can be send to workstation before clean-up starts
* Test clean-up actions before removing the actual profiles
* Removes complete profiles or removes specified folders and files within the profile (version 2.6 and up)
* Removes profiles when not in use for a specific amount of days or months
* Removes profiles when the user is no longer a domain member
* Connects using an local, domain or remote administrator account
* Removes profiles on workstations with multiple operating systems installed
* Retrieves workstation names from the domain automatically
* Retrieves user names from remote workstations or domain controllers automatically
Why Remote Profile Cleaner?
When users log off from an Windows NT Workstation (and roaming profiles is not supported) there user-profiles will be left on the local workstation.
These profiles can grow large and may take up considerable disk space, especially if there are several users using one computer (for example in schools and universities).
When accounts expire or an user is leaving your company, his or her user-profile won't be removed automatically for you. One solution for you, as a NT administrator, is to manually map to that workstation and delete this user-profile.
But what if users don't have a personal workstation and share their workstation with other employees? Checking all workstations one by one? This is where Remote Profile Cleaner takes over your job.
WARNING: Remote Profile Cleaner deletes all data that is stored in a user profile. This includes desktop settings, favorites, program-specific data that is contained in the Application Data folder, and the contents of the My Documents folder. Please be aware of any user documents that may be deleted before you use this tool.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.