- A new trojan virus is targeting computers running Mac OS X and initiating an encrypted reverse-shell connection, allowing attackers potentially unfettered access to infected machines armed with basic, inbound-only firewalls. Security firm Intego appears to be the first to report…
- Spider.io reported today that Microsoft has no "immediate plans" to fix the potential Internet Explorer vulnerability which allows any website operator (or advertiser, hacker etc...) to track a visitor's mouse cursor movements. Microsoft's security team has acknowledged the issue but…
- A sophisticated, multi-layered trojan dubbed "Eurograbber" is estimated to be responsible for siphoning over €36 million -- or about $46.5 million -- from the bank accounts of unsuspecting Europeans. In a case study (pdf) performed by Versafe and Check Point Software Technologies, researchers reveal…
- Tumblr says it has addressed a vulnerability which allowed hackers to force visitors into unwittingly reposting an offensive, expletive-ridden message condemning the "tasteless" and "bourgeoisie" blog site. More than 8,600 users were affected -- Cnet, USA Today and The Verge were…
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has issued another industrial control warning (pdf) regarding critical vulnerabilities found across a number of solar panel systems. Affected systems can be easily exploited using "proof of concept" code developed by security researchers Roberto Paleari…
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.