2017's Best GPU in 2021: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Revisit

Sold my 1080 ti for $100 less than I paid for it after 4 years of heavy use. Paid msrp for Asus TUF 3080. Tiny price for a huge upgrade. Nvidia products have even better resale value than Apple!

To pay so much, and not to be able to use ray tracing, that's a bummer.

I have never and will never use raytracing on my 3080... why? Because all I play are ultra sweat competitive Battle Royale games with low/medium settings at 1080p. I use my 1440p display for web browsing. There are literally millions of gamers just like me. If I want story driven content I read books. Gimme that competitive crack!

Fun fact, I just tried to buy "this" card in my country ( the super sad AMD version with 128 bus and 8 lanes) and the "official MSI / AMD seller" took my money ( x2 price) and gave me nothing in return... also the rats scammed tons of people the same day, to use that money to get official wholesale dollar, so they made x 4 of green in return. good job amd / MSI (edit)

Last edited:
Fun fact, I just tried to buy "this" card in my country ( the super sad AMD version with 128 bus and 8 lanes) and the "official AMD seller" took my money ( x2 price) and gave me nothing in return... also the rats scammed tons of people the same day, to use that money to get official wholesale dollar, so they made x 4 of green in return. good job amd! and f my life

Is the store‘s name FullH4rd ? If so, I don‘t find them on AMD‘s authorized distributors list:

https://www.amd.com/en/partner/distributors

It seems like you tried ordering an MSI card - as much as I understand that you‘re upset, I fail to see what AMD‘s part in all of this is.

This is particularly sad since you decided to make yourself buy a card where you liked many posts saying how bad / worthless / unattractive it is.

Is the store‘s name FullH4rd ? If so, I don‘t find them on AMD‘s authorized distributors list:

https://www.amd.com/en/partner/distributors

It seems like you tried ordering an MSI card - as much as I understand that you‘re upset, I fail to see what AMD‘s part in all of this is.

This is particularly sad since you decided to make yourself buy a card where you liked many posts saying how bad / worthless / unattractive it is.
ok corrected. good job MSI, for the store, and AMD for choosing MSI as a RADEON brand.

and yes THE 6600xt IS TOTAL CRAP- AND THE WORST GPU IN AMD HISTORY ... EVER it was a "gift" for my father. 80 year old gamer, currently severely ill and with no gpu:(

ok corrected. good job MSI, for the store, and AMD for choosing MSI as a RADEON brand.

and yes THE 6600xt IS TOTAL CRAP- AND THE WORST GPU IN AMD HISTORY ... EVER it was a "gift" for my father. 80 year old gamer, currently severely ill and with no gpu:(
Um, I am confused - they have a GTX 1650 in stock for a lot less than the 6600XT would have cost, they have 2060 and 3060Ti.

I must admit I am at a loss of words here wrt the posts.

In any case I do wish you success in getting your money back.

Yea, you are al loss. just look at the prices! im not bill gates man ( and the 1650 the gpu he has, im not going to buy the same gpu years later! for that insane price)

Sold my 1080 ti for $100 less than I paid for it after 4 years of heavy use. Paid msrp for Asus TUF 3080. Tiny price for a huge upgrade. Nvidia products have even better resale value than Apple!
I went from sli 1080ti's to a 2080 ti for -$250 and then a 2080ti to a 3080 for -$350 and finally 3080 to 3080ti for $0 (swapped with a guy who wanted to mine)

Talk about value all in all I haven't spent a dime in over 4 years and even MADE $600 bucks and have what is essentially the fastest Gaming experience you can have.

My performance is also closer to triple what it was then while also reducing my number of cards in half.

I have never and will never use raytracing on my 3080... why? Because all I play are ultra sweat competitive Battle Royale games with low/medium settings at 1080p. I use my 1440p display for web browsing. There are literally millions of gamers just like me. If I want story driven content I read books. Gimme that competitive crack!

Play Cyberpunk in Psycho mode and then tell me that nonsense.

Ray Tracing has matured and is worth it - but as expected, it took a whole nother' generation of GPU to mature.

Then why did you buy a 3080? You are heavily cpu bottlenecked in 1080p low in warzone with a 3080. Its heavily underutilised, 3060ti would fit you better, and even that would be overkill.

As there's no funny button here, have a like.
Well played.

Play Cyberpunk in Psycho mode and then tell me that nonsense.

Ray Tracing has matured and is worth it - but as expected, it took a whole nother' generation of GPU to mature.

There's a Battleroyale mode in Cyberpunk now? Oh wait no there isn't... Zero interest in story driven games. Even the noncompetitive games I play are light on story, like Xcom, Diablo, Civ, Phoenix Point, Humankind, Overcooked.... and none of them support raytracing. I tried the Witcher and Cyberpunk, too much dialogue.

GTA5 is the most story I could stand and even then I never finished the campaign. Online is great though.

Last edited:
Then why did you buy a 3080? You are heavily cpu bottlenecked in 1080p low in warzone with a 3080. Its heavily underutilised, 3060ti would fit you better, and even that would be overkill.

The fans on my 1080 Ti were noisy and selling it for almost what I paid for it after 4 years is the definition of a sound investment. Sold the 1080ti for $640 usd, bought a 3080 Tuf for $800 usd and it's quiet as a mouse. I live in Canada where you can just pre-pay retail price and wait for a 3080, it takes about four weeks. That being said, you are 100% correct I am CPU bottlenecked but I get between 160 and 300 fps (Gulag) in Warzone. My 5600x is running Bdie memory at the absolute maximum overclock with crazy tight timings at 1.5v. I may upgrade my CPU again once the new Intel chips come out next month. All the guys I play Warzone with are just like me too, we all want the absolute fastest tech available and upgrade constantly.

Yea, you are al loss. just look at the prices! im not bill gates man ( and the 1650 the gpu he has, im not going to buy the same gpu years later! for that insane price)
Wait, I thought he had no GPU ?

it was a "gift" for my father. 80 year old gamer, currently severely ill and with no gpu

The fans on my 1080 Ti were noisy and selling it for almost what I paid for it after 4 years is the definition of a sound investment. Sold the 1080ti for $640 usd, bought a 3080 Tuf for $800 usd and it's quiet as a mouse. I live in Canada where you can just pre-pay retail price and wait for a 3080, it takes about four weeks. That being said, you are 100% correct I am CPU bottlenecked but I get between 160 and 300 fps (Gulag) in Warzone. My 5600x is running Bdie memory at the absolute maximum overclock with crazy tight timings at 1.5v. I may upgrade my CPU again once the new Intel chips come out next month. All the guys I play Warzone with are just like me too, we all want the absolute fastest tech available and upgrade constantly.
I also want the fastest tech that's possible (10900k @ 5.1, 4400c16 ram 1.55volt and a 3090) but im actually...using it. You know, 99% usage, not sitting there idle at 30% usage

Back