7 Ways to Screenshot in Windows 10

I currently use the PrtScn button along with Dropbox, so they go straight into my box either being full screen or just a window. Whenever I need something particular I just snipp it which is quite cool since you just copy paste it anywhere.

I had to use Mac for work at my past job, and the one thing that I really liked from the mac was the command + shift + 3 or 4 to screenshot.

I installed Greenshot on all my computers now, and set the shortcuts similar to that of the mac, except that I set it to save to clipboard instead of to desktop. Makes the act of quickly capturing screenshots for people much more fast and fluid, since many apps support pasting image from clipboards.

much more natural than win + printscreen (need to take your hand off the mouse), where this is all a left hand affair.

I've been using the Windows Snipping Tool for years, I have it on my Taskbar. It's very handy for taking screenshots for documents or for pasting into Skype. I have recently found out how to use it to take screenshots of those pesky dropdown menus that never stay open when you click somewhere else. Open Snipping Tool, press Escape (Snipping Tool loses focus), open the dropdown menu, press Ctrl+PrtScn (Snipping Tool gets focus), drag the box to select and copy. If you're on a laptop you may need to press another key to activate PrtScn like Ctrl+Fn+PrtScn.

I still use irfanview which has very good screenshot/capture features... Much better then those built into windows.

This is a cool program, but check out XnView if you want a bit more power. Also it has a much less stupid name. What is an Irfan? I don't know what an "Xn" is either, but it sure sounds cooler. :)

This is a cool program, but check out XnView if you want a bit more power. Also it has a much less stupid name. What is an Irfan? I don't know what an "Xn" is either, but it sure sounds cooler. :)
Thanks, I'll have to check that out. Irfanview was named after its creator Irfan Skiljan.

Indeed. Irfanview is old school but the good kind of old school. We've been an official download mirror of Irfanview for the past decade or so.
Agreed, it's one of the first things I put on a new windows system and I have done since XP. Very few programs these days stick to the format that made them great in the first place... No ads, no bloatware to avoid in the installer and a lightweight interface. It just does what it does and that's it.

Back