Building budget AMD gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

3lephant

Hey everyone, I am building a budget AMD gaming computer for less >$1100. I am willing to buy online, preferably on Newegg. I will be reusing my mouse and keyboard, as well as speakers. I have not bought parts or an OS but will most likely use the Windows 7 RC. I'm not sure if I will need aftermarket cooling, but I'm not sure. One thing to keep in mind... I make $8.55 an hour

Here's what I am thinking about as of now:

AMD Phenom II 955 @3.2 GHZ $199.99
MSI 770-C45 AM3 DDR3 $79.99
Corsair 650TX 650W $99.99
Western Digital Caviar Black 500Gb $69.99
MSi GTX275 OC'd Edition $234.99
mushkin 2x2GB DDR3 1600 (CAS@7) $118.99
Cooler Master Centurion 534 $49.99
LG 22X DVD Burner $29.99
Scythe 120MM Slipstream Case Fan $8.99
ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" Monitor $169.99
-----------------------------------------------------
$1,062.90

Now, for questions.
Are all of these parts compatible? Should I buy 8Gb of cheaper ram or 4Gb of expensive mushkin ram? Can I buy a better monitor for around the same price?
Would you recommend any different component?

Thank you.

i would suggest these parts to add to what you have
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB $74.99 Free Shipping*
GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P AM3 DDR3 AMD 790X $126.99 ($111.99 after $15.00 Mail-In Rebate Card) Free Shipping*
XFX GX275XAHFF GeForce GTX 275 896MB $217.99
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 $79.99 Free Shipping*

i think these will be more to your liking for gaming and the video card has a lifetime warranty i dont trust MSI brand stuff so these options are a little better.

I run the windows 7 RTM 4 gigs is plenty of ram, id go with faster more reliable ram over quantity personally.

mobo wise i would go for a little bit more and grab this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135236

I know Best Buy has and Acer 23" HDMI LCD for 169.99USD Im going to purchase two of them next few pay checks.x

Video card wise i wouldnt go under 768Mb.

Thats just my 2 cents, you look like you know what you want and what you want to build.

even as you have it configured it would be a pretty solid system.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 would sure make that thing fly.

These are my recommendations for your budget:
Grand Total = $1030 approximately, including all shipping rates except that on the memory. The DVD drive and fan(s) are upto you. Works out to almost the same cost, but the XFX card comes with Double Lifetime Warranty coverage (info on that here) and the mobo is of better quality and has more OCing potential. Also, you have a larger HDD and a larger monitor to boot, as well as a more powerful PSU.

PS - You can save a few bucks on some of the sites by using Google Checkout.

Personally, I do not like ASUS monitors and form much research DO NOT BUY monitors from Newegg, they have a MINIMUM 8 dead pixel exchange rate. Buy it from a trusted ebay member, or from FRYS.com . They have a live customer call center, and a 30 day SATISFACTION return policy.

I've purchased 6 monitors from newegg within the last 4 years, for myself and others. I've had no dead pixels, neither have my friends or brothers.

I have just been really worried, I have read countless reviews on Newegg about dead pixels with certain models and how Newegg does nothing abou tit. So I would rather buy from Frys. I mean its a 30 day satisfaction return policy. There is nothing that I have seen that beats that.

Do you guys think I should get a motherboard supporting DDR3 or DDR2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back