Christian Bale is top pick to play Steve Jobs in Aaron Sorkin's biopic

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Sony Pictures Entertainment and Columbia Pictures commissioned Aaron Sorkin to pen the screenplay for a Steve Jobs biopic in mid-2012. We've since learned that David Fincher is in talks to direct the film based on Walter Isaacson's authorized biography and...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/56077-christian-bale-is-top-pick-to-play-steve-jobs-in-aaron-sorkins-biopic.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

G

Noah Wyle has already done the best Jobs depiction in my book. Also, why the need so soon for another Jobs flick - is the movie public demanding this. Its like the Spiderman (or Batman) reboot where they replace the goofy American actor with a brit, and dump the odd-ball director for a no-nonsense guy with a serious script. The Batman reboot (with Christian Bale, I might add) worked, while the Spiderman reboot (which came too soon after the previous set of movies), not so much.

Mike Steele

Iwas never an apple fan but I thought steve jobs was an interesting person. I hope the movie tells a good story

G

Who cares? Let the self-obsessed dead former leader of a dying company just be dead.