Computer Freezes ... like all the time ¬_¬!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamK

Well..

i got some spyware on my comp, but got rid of it usin Spybot - Search and Destroy.

Ever since then and maybe even before actually cant really remember but my computer freezes at random times when im using it and when i leave it so downloads can be completed etc.

I switch my monitor off, come back turn it on and it says "No Signal" on the monitor obv cause the comp has frozen and the mouse doesnt work.

And this happens nearly every time i use/leave the computer

Any reasons why?

I dont have a clue lol

Thanks!

I have moved your thread to our security and the web forum.

It sounds to me like you still have an infection on your system.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of AdamK only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I can`t find anything particularly nasty in your HJT log. However, you should do the following.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: Ãâ·Ñ¾«²ÊÊÓƵ³¬Á÷³©ÔÚÏß¹Û¿´ - {022C4009-5283-4365-97BF-144054B40E2E} - http://itv.mop.com (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ²¥°ÔµçÊÓ - {022C4009-5283-4365-97BF-144054B40E2E} - http://itv.mop.com (file missing)

O16 - DPF: {8A94C905-FF9D-43B6-8708-F0F22D22B1CB} (Wwlaunch Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/shared/wwlaunch.cab

O16 - DPF: {C5E28B9D-0A68-4B50-94E9-E8F6B4697516} (NsvPlayX Control) - http://www.nullsoft.com/nsv/embed/nsvplayx_vp6_mp3.cab

O16 - DPF: {FAE74270-E5EE-49C3-B816-EA8B4D55F38F} (H2hPool Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v51/h2hpool/h2hpool.cab

Fix all O18 - Protocol: entries, except for the two MSNMES~1 entries.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for AVG Antispyware, then post a fresh HJT log as well as the AVG Antispyware log.

This thread is for the use of AdamK only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

sorry for the late reply

here are the 2 logs

one for the Anti-Virus and one from Hijack This

Still nothing in your HJT log, but obviously somethings not right.

Go HERE and follow all the instructions exactly.

Download and run the Blacklight programme. follow all the instructions carefully.

Let me know the results please.

The Blacklight Programme found "0 Infections" .. Screenshot Provided.

I've posted a fresh HJT Log for you.

Also I bought a USB Hub and used it on my computer maybe thats causing something?

BUT i un-plugged it and the computer is still freezing.

Your HJT log is clean. However we need to stop a process that`s running.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

SymNRT.exe

Close task manager.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Documents and Settings\Hello\My Documents\SymNRT.exe

Reboot your system.

I don`t think your problem is caused by viruses/spyware etc. I`ve therefore move your thread to our Windows OS forum.

You need to look at your psu and see if it has enough power for your system. Take a look at the psu label and check to see what brand, wattage and amps it gives on the 12volt rail.

that SymNrt was just the app that got rid of Norton for good.

but um.. this has never happened before, so im sure my computer has enough power!

but I shall have a look anyway.

i got a report about my computer..

maybe it will help?

i dont know if it will.

I attached it anyway.

Make sure your graphics card drivers are updated.

Download the bootable ISO of memtest and run that overnight.

What I really need is to know the particulars of your psu(power supply unit). You need to open your case and look on the psu label. I need to know what the wattage is and also how many amps it gives on the 12volt rail, also what brand it is.

I also suggest you download the Speedfan programme and check you system temperatures and psu voltages.

Freezing is typically caused by either overheating or an underpowered/failing psu.

AdamK,
it looks like your system is running a little hot. You might want to upgrade to a little better CPU Heatsink Fan

Ok, your voltages look ok, but that temp 2 depending on what it is may be a problem.

Download the free Everest programme from HERE. Run the programme and click on the large computer icon in the righthand pane, followed by the sensor icon. let us know what it says.

Ok, I just wanted to be sure. Your cpu seems to be running a little hot. If that`s it`s idle temp, god knows what it gets up to when under load. This is more than likely the cause of your freezing problems.

Shut down your computer and unplug it from the mains. Open your case and clean out any dust and debris, especially from the fans and heatsinks. Do not remove the heatsink at this stage. Once you`ve done that, close your case and reconnect to the mains. Boot your computer and run a scan with spybot just to get your computer warm. Then, check your temps again with Everest and tell us what they are.

Right Thanks,

I shall try this

and get back to you

Thanks! :D

EDIT :

I opened the computer up and cleaned away most of the dust, but couldnt get right inside the fan area but got most.

And Got another Screenshot of that Sensor thing. ITs Attached

Memtest86+ will enable you to test your ram for errors. See this thread HERE.

Are those temps in your last pics taken straight after running spybot?

Test your ram as per SNGX`s suggestion and let us know the results. I`m still of the opinion at the moment that overheating is your problem, but we shall see.

Overheating may be an issue, but it depends on his CPU. I didn't see that anywhere in this thread (although I didn't read it real closely). Those temps are pretty hot for a Core2Duo or even a Pentium D, but they aren't too hot for an older processor like the Athlon Thunderbird.

But if he can run memtest overnight like I suggested, that can tell us whether its RAM.

You know SNGX1275,
some posts give us more information than others. We have to rely on the information given, we are not mind readers. I picked up on the temps because the voltages were ok.. For a Pentium 4, the temps seem high. Not real high, but still high enough to investigate further... That's all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back