Computer Freezing & Other Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

craZy18gurl

My computer has been freezing at random times a lot now days. I've noticed it mostly happens the computer is idle. Like, I leave the computer for just a minute and I when I return, it's frozen. It doesn't always happen like that, but many times it has. Sometimes I'm just doing my work and it suddenly freezes.

I ran my antivirus, avast!, and it picked up nothing. However, when I do a thorough search, it alerts me of these various files in the WINDOWS folder. I don't have the option to move them to the Chest, just Delete or Ignore. I chose to ignore them for the time being as they are from the WINDOWS folder and I'm not sure what they really are.

After I choose to ignore, avast shows a message saying there is some problem and I should schedule a scan on the startup. So I do that, but that scan picks up nothing either.

Here are some of those files that I am alerted of. Because I can't extend the window, I can only show just some.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/craZy18gurl/onescreen.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/craZy18gurl/twoscreen.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/craZy18gurl/thrrescreen.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/craZy18gurl/fourscreen.jpg

The first half is under C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe\ and the second is under C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\.

Oh and everytime I run the thorough scan, the same alert and message will always show.

I've ran my MBAM, it's picked up nothing. I've ran SAS, and it picked up a few Adware Tracking Cookies. Twice in fact and they seem to be affecting my computer somehow.

The day before yesterday, an error suddenly occured in my Sony Vegas and it shut down, when I try restarting it there's was a message stating there was some problem and it would shut down. I then ran all my scans and after finding and deleting those Adware cookies, Vegas started again.

Today the same problem happened with Vegas and I found those Adware Cookies again. I deleted them and the program started running again. I didn't seem to be facing any problem with any of my other programs except when I was working on MS Expression Wed, there was a sudden problem and it had to restart. Happened just once. Also, when I was running CCleaner, it said something was wrong with my Combined Community Codec Pack and I should run chkdsk. Upon restart, the chkdsk and everything seemed fine.

Oh and I think I should also mention that there's this Windows Security Update which I'm trying to install but it never does, installation always fail. I try giving it some time but still won't install. Some new updates are available now, currently downloading them. Gonna see if they install or not.

And another problem. This has happened like twice or trice but not in a row, with a rather big time gap in between. I'm on Internet Explorer and suddenly multiple windows begin to open and around the first time they wouldn't stop unless I bring up Task Manager and End Task. Second and third time though (the third time being a couple of seconds ago), I quickly just exit them all and they seem to stop.

That's what currently is going on with my computer. Not so long ago my computer recovered from some real serious problems (for reference, you can check the later pages of this thread; https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic115914.html [and to those who were helping, thank you and I'm sorry I never replied to let you guys know the condition of my computer, I was on an extended leave and after returning I just had too much work on my hand to even focus on anything else]) but after fixing it all, the computer was in perfect condition until these freezes started occuring.

I would really like to get this problem fixed soon as it is interrupting my work a great deal. I've included the logs from my MBAM, SAS and HijackThis. Thank you in advanced.

What is your hardware configuration... two common causes are inadequate memory and failing hard drive... but I assume you have taken care of those issues.
All you have that have warnings are relatively harmless cookies. But I would remove Avast free, and replace with Avira Antivir virus... Avast sometimes causes these pauses.
If you have already defragged the machine, I would go to take a look for system errors:
Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Event Viewer-> then check for a lot of red or yellow flags in Applications, Security, Internet Explorer, and System... There will normally be some... but see if those are alarming to you. Once noted, delete them so you can computer new freezes to the error times.

I had actually written up a rather long post, but for some strange reason I find only a qauter of it today o.o Thank God I saved my post seperatley in notepad. I've edited my post and added the long thing. I'd appreciate it if you'd give it another look.

In the meantime, ditch Avast and go for Avira? Alright. I actually used Avira before but I switched to Avast because I had problems updating it. Hopefully I won't face the problem again.

I haven't defragged the computer, but I'll do so right now and then take a look for those system errors as you have recomended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back