Crusader Kings III Review

I've never tried this franchise, but I've played some strategy games like Total War. Actually, it was for the first medieval total war that I became a PC gamer. Crusader Kings 3 has received nothing but praises, I'll have to check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never tried this franchise, but I've played some strategy games like Total War. Actually, it was for the first medieval total war that I became a PC gamer. Crusader Kings 3 has received nothing but praises, I'll have to check it out.

Be warned: Paradox titles tend to be *very* complex, although it looks like Crusader Kings 3 cleaned up a lot of those systems. They also release a ton of paid DLC which admittedly is excellent, but does drive up the overall cost of their titles. Their work ranges from "very good" [Imperator: Rome, Stellaris] to excellent [Hearts of Iron 4, Europa Universalis 4, Crusader Kings 2] though, so the long-term costs are generally worth it.

I'm annoyed; this is the first time I've had to be at work since March, and Steam didn't have a pre-load option. I likely won't be ready to play until 8 PM EST at the earliest...

I couldn’t get into crusader kings... but I’ve put hundreds of hours into Civ 5, and I think I’ll need to give this a try.

I couldn’t get into crusader kings... but I’ve put hundreds of hours into Civ 5, and I think I’ll need to give this a try.

I'll be honest: I'm coming over from Stellaris since I couldn't deal with planet micro-management and the piss-poor AI any longer. Stellaris is in my opinion Paradox's biggest "what if"; there's some interesting stuff there but they flubbed the implementation of many of it's systems badly. Maybe in 5 years when they get to Stellaris 2 they'll have a more optimized game, but for now I'm moving on.

Back