DiRT 4 Benchmarked: 27 GPUs Tested

5 of the top 6 GPU's at 4K are Nvidia GPU's.
5 of the top 7 GPU's at 2K are Nvidia GPU's.

That being said the Radeons are performing well in this game against Nvidia's mid-range GPU's and older high end cards, and always have did well with Dirt titles. This means I can pickup Dirt 3 for pennies now :D .

That being said the Radeons are performing well in this game against Nvidia's mid-range GPU's and older high end cards, and always have did well with Dirt titles. This means I can pickup Dirt 3 for pennies now :D .
Vega is just around the corner then you should see more competition in the UHD arena.

Steve said:
When reducing the settings from ultra to high, the GTX 1060 saw a massive 60% boost in performance while the RX 580 improved by 40% -- those are some pretty big numbers for what works out to be a minor loss in visual quality if you ask us.
I'm sure you looked into this but I thought I'd ask: did it appear to be a memory issue at the higher settings?

Steve said:
When reducing the settings from ultra to high, the GTX 1060 saw a massive 60% boost in performance while the RX 580 improved by 40% -- those are some pretty big numbers for what works out to be a minor loss in visual quality if you ask us.
I'm sure you looked into this but I thought I'd ask: did it appear to be a memory issue at the higher settings?

The fury cards only have 4GB Vram, but managed to get much better results than either the GTX1060 or the RX580.

Steve said:

The fury cards only have 4GB Vram, but managed to get much better results than either the GTX1060 or the RX580.

The Fury X is still a high end previous gen card vs today's mid range so I'm not terribly surprised.

Memory bandwidth perhaps and not total RAM? I am genuinely curious as to why there's such a gap in the Ultra settings for the 580 and 1060 only to see it swap places as the quality drops.

That's what happens when you leave the mid high end on up to your competitor. Hopefully vega will change this.

Memory bandwidth perhaps and not total RAM? I am genuinely curious as to why there's such a gap in the Ultra settings for the 580 and 1060 only to see it swap places as the quality drops.
It is curious. Optimization problem on nvidia's part, perhaps? or maybe nvidia's more tuned arch is at a disadvantage vs AMD's beefier less optimized arch, and at higher rez the slower ROPs of AMDs cards become a bit of a bottleneck?

Memory is like a if you full and empty It fast you'll have space to full It again, Fury's/Nano performance is normal considering its internal design, higher ROPs, TMU, lower latency and higher memory badwith makes It superior to actual mid end cards (1060 6G/ RX580)

Yup, and meanwhile the RX 580 and R9 390X are getting roughly the same performance as the 980 Ti/1070.

Vega has over double the specs of the RX 580...

Yup, and meanwhile the RX 580 and R9 390X are getting roughly the same performance as the 980 Ti/1070.

Vega has over double the specs of the RX 580...

By the time that Vega comes out (if it comes) the 1070 will be a year old and we'll be looking at the announcement for the 1170.

Back