Google Glass is back for enterprise use in new unboxing

Greg S

Following a surprise update in June, more Google Glass news has surfaced courtesy of YouTube channel 9to5Google. An unboxing video of Google Glass Enterprise edition shows off a new Glass rendition targeted at business users.

The box contains a black arm containing all of the electronics, a braided charging cable, glasses frame for holding the arm piece, and of course a user manual that few are likely to read. Google also is holding out on USB-C for Glass and opted to include a USB-A cable. However, since this is an enterprise device, that may not have been such a bad idea.

Updates to this version of Google Glass include an internal speaker, a front facing LED indicator, and dual-band 802.11ac WiFi. Presumably, the LED indicator will address one of the many privacy complaints about not knowing when Glass users are recording video or taking pictures. A reasonable 32GB of storage is included alongside an Intel Atom processor. Battery life is currently unknown, but a 780mAh battery should provide ample run time.

An unboxing does not indicate that Google Glass Enterprise is ever going to make it to mass production, but it is noteworthy that Glass is not a dead project.

Permalink to story.

I would love one of these for driving.
I got pulled over for doing 74MPH in a 55 when I was doing about 62 (no sh!t).
That god damn liar would have lost in court if I had one.

Just like VR, it promises to be a very useful piece of tech in a variety of different fields and situations but again just like VR, the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. I still see it as a product ahead of it's time.

I would love one of these for driving.
I got pulled over for doing 74MPH in a 55 when I was doing about 62 (no sh!t).
That god damn liar would have lost in court if I had one.
A dash cam that displays speed in the video may be able to help you here... I've gotten out of one ticket with video evidence, two if you count the crash where I rear ended this lady who pulled out in front of me where I may have otherwise got a ticket since it was her word against mine. Definitely worth the money.

Give it up Google, they look crap and you look like a **** wearing them. Nobody wants one. LED indicator! I can see that being covered or disabled if needed. Could you imagine one in every two people walking down the street recording or snapping everything. Talking video or photos of any Man, Woman or Child without their permission. Ugly looking things and the sooner their dead and buried the better we'll all be.

Back