GPU Availability and Pricing Update: July 2021

Cheaper or not, it's still hard for people to get the GPU they want.

I am just so thankful I was able to get two 3090FTW3 from Microcenter during the week Cyberpunk released. I needn't worry about this madness and can sit back, relax and know that my computer's performance is top of the charts on ANY GAME till the 4000 series comes to market.

Crypto has basically crashed and GPU prices are dropping slowly.
Will GPU prices skyrocket again when the 4000 series is released?
Will the Scalping continue?

I am just so thankful I was able to get two 3090FTW3 from Microcenter during the week Cyberpunk released. I needn't worry about this madness and can sit back, relax and know that my computer's performance is top of the charts on ANY GAME till the 4000 series comes to market.

Indeed, that was a prudent move on your part. I only have one 3090 at the moment, so I have to make do with a 2080 TI in my backup rig.

Miners are keeping their cards, they keep mining AND they continue to buy new cards to replace those that go OOO.

What this means is that right now we are LF to a new cycle of crypto coin price surge somewhere in the future and we are probably years away from the GPU market being normalized.

Pascal cards will continue to serve for gaming for many more years to come and will probably be NVIDIA's longest-running/relevant cards.

I gave up waiting, as my purchase of a new PC has been delayed too much because of this price madness. So I picked up MSI RTX3080Ti X Trio for 1,553 euro (excl VAT) 2 weeks ago. Quite happy with the purchase right now, as it is the quietest version of any 3080Ti, makes zero noise.

The prices dropped to 1,511 euro since, but this maybe it, for now, no more price drop since.

Prices for Zotac and EVGA cards are currently the lowest...

prices.png

This is from https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/search?query=rtx3080 ti (note the VAT switch at the bottom).

Last edited:
Wake me up when GPU's halve in price, not drop a mere 10-15%. I'm lucky in that I was already losing interest in a lot of new AAA's and tending to play older games more anyway (even before the shortages started). Maybe I'd be in the market for a 3050 / 3060 but I can see my GTX1660 lasting +5 years at this rate as it's a solid "Hell no" from me to buying anything above MSRP or from any scalper.

At this point, I cannot help but feel that Nvidia and their AIB partners are artificially limiting supply just to make sure that prices don't plunge. They can always blame it on limited supply due to whatever reasons, so it is hard to pin point who is causing the shortage/ low supply.

In a few games my 6900XT performs better than your 3090.

And meanwhile I'm still here with my vega 64 wondering if the RX 6800 will ever drop below it's MSRP of $580 or if I'll be waiting for the RX 7000 series (much more likely I'll just keep waiting). 4 years and counting this card keeps ticking.

I'm also eagerly awaiting 1650 supers to come back down to earth so I can upgrade my father's GT 710.

I'm guessing a couple of months more before prices come close to what they're supposed to be. At least we can see some progress.

Unless something like another crypto boom happens it's gonna come down.

In a few games my 6900XT performs better than your 3090.

Them be fighting words! You take it back!

On a side note, if folks can snag up a 6700XT for around $725 of ebay, that's a helluva lot cheaper than the fact these 6700XT cards are still at $900+ at Micro Center.

Okay, fact of the matter is, any AMD card in this story at the average ebay price is helluva lot cheaper over buying one from a retailer - MicroCenter in this case. 6700XT going for $900+, 6800/6800XT in the $1100-1400 range and 6900XT are easily at $2-2.5K range at my local MicroCenter.

Tesla has more range so argument is invalid.
It also charges full battery by the time you find new tyres and get them changed + oil up and check the brakes on Bugatti. But hey it surely wins at most damage to environment category.

I got lucky with the GPU I got at the start of the pandemic, so BF2042 will determine how soon another GPU upgrade happens for me.

The writer or this probably doesn't know much about mining and which cards are more appealing to miners. Of course that RX6900XT is not so much above MSRP, since it provides same hashrate with more power for higher price then rtx 3070, rx 6700 or rx6800 on other hand have much better ratio, not to mention rtx 3060ti, so the difference to msrp clearly shows which card are mostly bought by miners

I gave up waiting, as my purchase of a new PC has been delayed too much because of this price madness. So I picked up MSI RTX3080Ti X Trio for 1,553 euro (excl VAT) 2 weeks ago. Quite happy with the purchase right now, as it is the quietest version of any 3080Ti, makes zero noise.

Your quite happy paying over double msrp?

And this is why VC prices stay high.

A Tesla can beat a Bugatti in short races.
According to Techspot, at 4K, the 6900XT is just 6% average slower than the 3090. That's not a Tesla. A Koenigsegg, maybe?
At lower resolutions, the 6900XT is the winner. These are the resolutions most gamers are playing at. And its MSRP is lower than that of the 3090 too, and by 500 dollars.

Last edited:
Back