Hideo Kojima aiming to make 'the scariest horror game'

midian182

Staff member
Something to look forward to: Now that Death Stranding has finally arrived, legendary video game creator Hideo Kojima is turning to other projects. And he wants his next title to be the “scariest horror game.”

The Metal Gear Solid creator already has experience in the genre. Despite his famous P.T only being a Playable Teaser for the canceled Silent Hills, it’s still regarded as one of the most terrifying game experiences ever made.

Ever since Kojima unceremoniously parted ways with Konami, horror fans have been hoping for his return to horror. Now, it appears they’ll get their wish. He tweeted: “As to make the scariest horror game, I’ll watch the scary movies in order to awaken my horror soul.”

“THE EYE is the Thai horror movie I rent when making PT but was too scary to finish watching. The package is scary so I rented the disc only. Will I be able to finish watching?”

It’s strange to think that that the man behind P.T. not only found The Eye too frightening to watch all the way through but also thought the packaging was so scary that he only rented the DVD.

Kojima’s been hitting the headlines this month. He took home a pair of Guinness Records for his social media following (video game director with the most followers on Twitter and Instagram), and there was news that his independent studio plans to make movies one day. Additionally, the divisive Death Stranding was nominated for several Game Awards, which has brought some controversy.

Permalink to story.

Why is he on full-scale marketing hype trail? Death Stranding has been an over-hyped product, too hyped in fact, until it hits back uninteresting. A glorified courier sim? And now this. Maybe it has come to the stage where he thinks anything with his name is going to sell well, just because he's the father of Metal Gear Solid.....

Why is he on full-scale marketing hype trail? Death Stranding has been an over-hyped product, too hyped in fact, until it hits back uninteresting. A glorified courier sim? And now this. Maybe it has come to the stage where he thinks anything with his name is going to sell well, just because he's the father of Metal Gear Solid.....
I believe you answered your own question... when quality is lacking, hype wins the day :)

Kind of like how Frozen 2 will rake in billions despite being a crappy sequel to an already-over-hyped movie...

Agreed with everything. But! PT was awesome, the little we got

I for one loved the design of Death Stranding even though it is slower paced, especially at the start. It may not his best game, but it's definitely his type of game that people love to play (or hate).

He has been an egomaniac for quite a while now. Geoff Keighley helped progress his ego to new heights. Guinness didn't help either.
"Scariest Video Game" coming after the first "Strand type game." I've read people comment about how we'd still be playing 2D games without Kojima.

I for one loved the design of Death Stranding even though it is slower paced, especially at the start. It may not his best game, but it's definitely his type of game that people love to play (or hate).
Prob the best walking simulator out there, but it was a bit overhyped for some people

Back