I think my mobo burnt out...Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBNSB

My system upon Start up burnt out.
we had no Spikes or power outages in my area during the day. i did not have a PSU installed and this may have led to the problem. when i started my computer the mother board simply burnt out. when i connected the power supply the blue LED came on to tell me that the board was getting power and when i pressed the power button the LED's in my fans flashed and stoped. Then i knowticed an orange LED turned on after the power up failed. Also i smelled burning like electrical burning..... anyone gots any ideas before i submit my RMA.

^ i gots a EVGA nForce 680i SE SLI 775 TR Version
122-CK-NF63-TR

DCBNSB said:
My system upon Start up burnt out.
we had no Spikes or power outages in my area during the day. i did not have a PSU installed and this may have led to the problem. when i started my computer the mother board simply burnt out. when i connected the power supply the blue LED came on to tell me that the board was getting power and when i pressed the power button the LED's in my fans flashed and stoped. Then i knowticed an orange LED turned on after the power up failed. Also i smelled burning like electrical burning..... anyone gots any ideas before i submit my RMA.

^ i gots a EVGA nForce 680i SE SLI 775 TR Version
122-CK-NF63-TR

Try a new PSU I think that maybe your issue.

Sunny87,
there's no need to quote the text right next to your post... nice avatar by the way ;)

DCBNSB,
nice area you live in... I would suggest investing in a good battery backup/surge protector soon. Like APC's products. Your repair might prove to be expensive. Hopefully it is just the power supply and not the motherboard/CPU too

Did the burning smell come from the motherboard or the psu?

I agree with Tmagic its more than likely the psu as I rarely see motherboards burn out.....

Hey CC,
you got your member status. Now watch you pass me up in posts in a matter of a few months :haha:

I have seen motherboards fail even if their "green" LEDS are lit. An Abit motherboard I recently installed, had a 2-digit HEX code display for error conditions... 00 to 99 Very cool!

Guys im pertty sure that this was a mother board failure. i haven't got any other hard ware to test my Mobo tho. so im going to see if i can get the RMA or im gonna bite the bullet and buy new one. but this time im gonna have to get a PSU.... on kauai we got to many power fluctuation's that it was pertty dumb not to have one.

DCBNSB, while an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) is a good idea, the PSU most everyone is talking about is Power Supply Unit. It's the thing the power cord plugs into in the back of your PC. Before condemning your motherboard check the power supply unit. Cheap ones burn out all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back