Looking for replacement motherboard for eMachine T2482

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,I have an E Machine T2482 running on XP with an added 1 gig of Ram,worked beautiful did everything I needed until a few weeks ago,acted up for a couple of days and died,Installed new power supply now understand mother board is kaput,looked at motherboards on the web but I am lost,what mother board and PSU do I buy to replace mine ,would be grateful to any one to point me in the right direction and help an old geezer along.
Have new comp with Vista but want to get back to XP,and hopefully using a KVM Switch use both comps on exixsting monitor. OF

To use the recovery disk set, and access the data in your hard drive easily, you will need to get an eMachines board for $159.95, and a new power supply... Yet your risk of future failure will remain high.
It is very tricky to find a new board that will use your existing memory, cpu, cpu fan, and hard drive.
Your best deal may be to bite the bullet and buy one of the specially priced combo deals where you get a new board and a new cpu at a significantly reduced price... as the boards start to age on the shelve when new models keep coming out, you can get a very good deal... Take a look at "Combo motherboards" at such online sites as www.tigerdirect.com, www.newegg.com, www.directron.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.cdw.com, www.pcconnection,com, www.techdepot.com, www.frys.com or www.outpost.com, among others.

Oldfart

Thanks for the information Raybay,now the only thing is what number board etc would be the best to accommodate the rest of the comp,bear with me as I am not into things here as yet,just a poor learner at the moment,so you will really have to spell things out for me.Thanks again.OF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back