No sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie60

I have reformatted my Dell Dimension 2400 computer and now have no sound. I have gone to the Dell website and downloaded the drivers I could. It had the Soundmax to download, which I did but it would not install correctly. I have gotten the specs on my computer and they are as follows.
Motherboard= Manuf Dell
Model OF5949-A01
Chipset Intel i845G REv. A1
Southbridge Intel 82801DB (ICH4)
I believe that the driver for the soundmax was too old.
Also, on my device manager I have the yellow question mark next to "Multimedia Audio Controller".
Can anyone please help me? I really want the sound. Thanks so much.

No, the SoundMax driver from the Dell site is not too old. It works fine. We use it at least weekly in repairing Dell Dimension 2400 units.
Suggest you download once more, and save it to a disk or usb drive. Be sure to use your Dell Service Tag to assure you have the correct driver set for your computer.
Then click on the downloaded driver to install once more... and give it plenty of time to install. It is a complex install that takes a long time. When you are convinced it is done installing. Reboot.
Then download an install the latest BIOS and all other drivers offered.

If the SoundMax driver still does not install, you may have a failure on part of your system board. This may require you to install a simple sound card and driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back