Not a clue. Is my mobo failing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have all these unknown devices I can't find drivers for so I downloaded a progran to find out what they were and the "attached file" is how it reads. My memory is also reporting error reads.
I hope I did the attach right

Can you provide a little background of how you got to this point? Did you just build a new system and this is what you are seeing?

No it was a progression
I asked soomeone to set up my drives on raid
I should have done it myself
I lost the raid thats the only way I can describe it one day it was there the next it wasn't thats when the other unknown devices showed up in systems.
I also could not get the mobo ethernet connection to work so I bought a card
then
I started getting memory read errors so I reformatted both drives and re installed windows all without raid
the same problems started creeping in 1 by 1 but, the system was recently transfered fron one case to another and new drives were added
that was when the raid set up was done 3 weeks ago

I'd try re-installing mobo drivers and the others that come on the mobo CD. Then check out Device Manager for warnings. If all is well look for updated drivers.

(
when I reboot (every time) all the "other" hardware tries to install drivers (all of them) I have the cd that came with the motherboard in the cd drive. When the wizard window appears I check install fron list or location and search removable drives cd
it searches finds the driver apears to be installing then the "problem installing" message comes up did not complete
I tried running the cd software in setup but it freezes "not responding" I have to end program and send don't send message appears.should I reformat and start over?

My question was to the wrong problem. :blush: Although it does lead to the same answer - check that none of the cards have become unseated or more likely a cable partially unplugged.

I made sure everything was connected correctly, put the mfgs disk in restarted and let it do whatever it would. I did not click on anything or interact in any way. It opened and closed mesgs. and windows many times, restarted 3 times, and slowly installed all the drivers and identified everything all by itself. When it was finished I took the disk out and restarted. Everything is fine now. So I guess that should be a lesson to me that sometimes its best to just leave things alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back