Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti appears in Ashes of the Singularity benchmark database

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Another day, another RTX 3060 Ti leak. This time, the highly anticipated card, whose existence still hasn’t been confirmed by Nvidia, popped up in the Ashes of the Singularity benchmark database. The results show how it compares to the next Ampere product up the ladder—the RTX 3070—and suggest this midrange offering outperforms all but one Turing card.

In the benchmark spotted by Tom’s Hardware, the RTX 3060 Ti scores 7900 points at the ‘Crazy_1080p’ setting using the DX 12 API. It also boasts an average framerate (GPU) of 95.3 FPS. The publication compared other benchmark scores using the same Core i7-8700K CPU@3.7GHz and found the RTX 3070 scores 9000 points, and Radeon RX 6800 scores 9500 points.

Being slower than the RTX 3070 isn’t a surprise as the RTX 3060 Ti is essentially a cut-down version of that card. What’s more interesting is the comparison with the previous-generation Turing cards. Only the RTX 2080 Super can compete, just beating the RTX 3060 Ti with a score of 8400 points and an average frame rate of 101.6 FPS.

Earlier this month, a purported leaked slide from Nvidia showed the RTX 3060 Ti, which is rumored to launch with a price between $349 and $399, outperforming the RTX 2080 Super by about 10 percent in Horizon Zero Dawn, Doom Eternal, and Red Dead Redemption 2—a gap that increases when ray tracing is enabled and reaches as much as 50 percent in rendering apps such as Blender. The RTX 3060 Ti also annihilates its last-gen equivalent, the RTX 2060 Super.

Ashes of the Singularity isn’t the best benchmark for comparing GPU performance, being such a CPU-intensive game, but the results mostly line up with what we’ve heard before.

Images of what looks like the RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition leaked recently, and we’re moving ever closer to the supposed December 2 release date. If only Nvidia would confirm it’s real.

Permalink to story.

Considering all their recent "released" cards are unavailable, it seems silly publishing details for their rumoured cards.
It seems that some people are getting them. 3090 are actually available at Mindfactory, but at €1749 and up.

To be fair, at the moment any desirable tech product is very hard to get - does not matter if it's XBox, PS5, Ryzen 5000, Ampere or RDNA2 GPU.....

Well, supply has somewhat stabilized. Now you can buy the variant you want but not from the manufacturer you want (eg EVGA). If you can settle for brands like Galax, Inno3d then the cards are available. I guess in a couple of weeks, esp after christmas they will be constantly in stock.

Well, supply has somewhat stabilized. Now you can buy the variant you want but not from the manufacturer you want (eg EVGA). If you can settle for brands like Galax, Inno3d then the cards are available. I guess in a couple of weeks, esp after christmas they will be constantly in stock.
Not in Germany it seems....3090 based cards are the only ones I see as being available (checked a couple of shops). And this is over two months after their launch and at prices....

Radeon 6800 series cards are not even listed, but we'll have to see how this goes after AIB models have been released and over the coming weeks.

Other than that - XBox...the Series S has on/off availability but forget about the Series X, PS5...nope, Ryzen 5000 is available on / off (different models though and more off than on) but as some retailers pull the listing when they are out of stock it's hit and miss and you can forget about MSRP.

I also noticed that prices for last gen CPU and GPU have actually gone up, but getting even a 2070 Super is not easy and if you do, it's at a price above the 3080's MSRP.

I am still happy with my PC as is, so no real issue here, but it's interesting regardless.

I wanted to buy a 3070 but currently it goes from $1100 in my country (and that is for the most basic AIB models) so I am skipping that.
The 3060Ti is my last hope for a GPU upgrade for the holidays. I will try and order it on day 1 after release. Fingers crossed it will be at a somewhat reasonable price and shipped before the holiday break.

It seems that some people are getting them. 3090 are actually available at Mindfactory, but at €1749 and up.

To be fair, at the moment any desirable tech product is very hard to get - does not matter if it's XBox, PS5, Ryzen 5000, Ampere or RDNA2 GPU.....

That is true, but it doesn't excuse any of them for failing to build up adequate stock before they went on sale. It's deliberate ploy to ensure maximum profits by keeping supply low. No normal business runs their inventory like this. The sales team's job is to tell manufacturing what the demand will be and to produce adequate supply. Now I get these are high tech, but they still should have stockpiled hundreds of thousands for the first wave and then producing large batches fairly quickly. Only a fool would believe they underestimated demand AMD are worse than Nvidia, because AMD were arrogantly boasting their launch wouldn't be a repeat of the Nvidida farce and yet here we are and both CPU and GPU deliveries are a effing joke.

Only a fool would believe they underestimated demand AMD are worse than Nvidia, because AMD were arrogantly boasting their launch wouldn't be a repeat of the Nvidida farce and yet here we are and both CPU and GPU deliveries are a effing joke.
Totally agree that AMD officials should have kept quiet before the 6800 series‘ launch. That was really an own goal and sometimes silence is golden.

That said, AMD needs to produce many different products - Ryzen and Epyc CPU and APU, console SOC and GPU on the same node with still limited capacity, so regardless what they do, supply is going to fall short. I also guess they did not anticipate that demand for their GPU would be beyond their current share due to the market leader not being able to deliver.

But yes, how you handle expectations and communication is important. Raising false hope certainly does not help.

Just whait some days it will go down drastic . www.prisguiden.no 6800 6900 and all 20xx s ti series 30xx ti will fall in price.

now gaming on rtx 3070 twin edge 8 gb i9-10900 no K version 16 gb (32gb) 2133 asus prime H470 plus that only run pcie 3.0 speed.

So going for a x570 ud mb that has pcie 4.0 would be better but only low cpu r5-x3600 16 gb 3200 ram .and maybe a nice xt 5700 xt pcie 4.0 speed or gtx 1080 ti FE 11gb at pcie 3.0 so trying out 5xxx cpu series on x570 ud could bring www.userbenchmark.com up some levels.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/36098418
just got a zotac gaming rtx 3070 TE 8gb (16gb)

Back