Outlook Express multiple hotmail identity problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have multiple hotmail accounts configured one address per identity. when i switch between these identities the folders which display will be for another identity not currently selected. so in essence oe is displaying the wrong folder info for the identity and of course account.... :confused:

any help will be of great use, i have had this problem for ages and the only way i can beat it is to switch between identities until the correct folders are displaying. it's a real hit and miss affair

Welcome to TechSpot

My best advise would be to either surf to www.mozilla.org for the Thunderbird Email program, or surf to www.pmail.com for the Pegasus email program.
Both are free. Pegasus is well established. Thunderbird is newer but still under development, albeit very stable!
Both can import all your OE data end settings and are much less susceptible to virii etc. than the crappy OE.

Good idea, but unsuported

Hey, althought the Mozilla products do in fact kick ***, they do not support Hotmail as an e-mail provider (as far as I know).

And either way, WebDat will be remouved from all free e-mail accounts soon anyhow, so you wont be able to acess your hotmail from anywhere other than www.hotmail.com afterwards (unless you pay).

Seeing as you have so many (how many actually?) hotmail-addresses, why don't you get yourself a cheap website? Register your own domain, less than US $10.-/year, website about US $40.- per year, with at least 50-100 different email-addresses. Normally 3 or more will be fully virus- and spam-checked as well.
Check e.g. www.395hosting.com or a local NZ or Australian webhost.

Thanks for the advice on Mozilla. I know it supports pop3, but I didn't know it supports http servers though...I'll check it out and let you know how I get on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back