PlayStation Studios' new Steam page suggests more PC ports are incoming

midian182

Staff member
In a nutshell: Sony's PlayStation Studios Steam Curator page launched a few days ago, and with it comes the suggestion that more PC ports beyond Days Gone are on the way. There are 41 items in its 'My Games' statistic, but only 24 are visible on the storefront.

Steam Curators are individuals or organizations that make recommendations to help others discover games on the platform that they may enjoy. Companies tend to use their curator pages to highlight their own games, naturally.

The About section of PlayStation Studios' page lists 41 items under My Games. Going into the featured section, however, shows just 24 items—including DLC.

There are currently only three PlayStation Studios games presently available on the PC: Horizon Zero Dawn, Helldivers, and Predator: Hunting Grounds. Days Gone is available for pre-order before its May 17 PC launch date.

The difference between how many items Sony says it has and the actual figure may suggest that it's already uploaded hidden pages ready for future releases on Steam. Could a PC-specific version of The Last of Us, Spider-Man, God of War, or Bloodborne finally arrive over the coming months?

Sony has made no secret of its desire to bring more first-party PlayStation games to the PC; it said as much in its 2020 corporate report. "We will explore expanding our first-party titles to the PC platform, in order to promote further growth in our profitability," states the document.

In February, Sony Interactive Entertainment President Jim Ryan talked about exposing its games to a wider audience, further hinting at the company's plans to continue embracing the PC by introducing more former PlayStation exclusives.

Permalink to story.

Sweet, I always wanted to play bloodborn but I suck at souls type games, hopefully it releases so I can snag a trainer and romp my way through it finally!

The only game I can think of that I would pay money for is the final fantasy 7 remake. I hope that’s coming before I have to move back to Asia. Then in which case I hope they put it on the switch!

The only game I can think of that I would pay money for is the final fantasy 7 remake. I hope that’s coming before I have to move back to Asia. Then in which case I hope they put it on the switch!

Did you play the first chapter? Pretty decent but they really stretched out what was just a couple of hours of the original game. In the words of Bilbo Baggins, like "butter scraped over too much bread".

The last of us please, I’d buy day 1 to play again since selling off my ps4
Keep dreaming, I don`t believe they are that stupid to shot themselves in the foot by releasing all their best exclusive titles to PC.

Did you play the first chapter? Pretty decent but they really stretched out what was just a couple of hours of the original game. In the words of Bilbo Baggins, like "butter scraped over too much bread".
Nope I don’t own a PS4. But I was a big FF7 fanboy when I was 12. I really loved the game back then and even got all the summons and master materia etc. I actually don’t remember that well, it was over 20 years ago!

Ive heard the remake was only really Midgar but I’d still like to play it. I just won’t buy a whole PlayStation just to play it.

There are extremly high quality older games that were never ported from PS.
Good move, people will buy them.

GOW4 and LoU should be next and along with what's already been released for PC, I will never have to buy a console.

Keep dreaming, I don`t believe they are that stupid to shot themselves in the foot by releasing all their best exclusive titles to PC.
Why not? If Sony loses money on console hardware this move seems like an easy financial decision. Xbox exclusives are on PC making Microsoft money so why can't PS be on PC making Sony money?

Bloodborne is more likely to be a Remake, since so much time has passed and we heard almost nothing about a PC port/official 60 fps patch.
It's the thing that makes most sense now and will probably come after Elden Ring, so 2022/23. Maybe at the same time as announcing Bloodborne 2, that would be a great PR move. Sony does not like to stack their Soulsborne games one over another at the same time, that's why we have to wait so much...

Why not? If Sony loses money on console hardware this move seems like an easy financial decision. Xbox exclusives are on PC making Microsoft money so why can't PS be on PC making Sony money?
1. It would seem like a good strategy to copy 100% MS, but I highly doubt PS will do that. What they are doing is giving just a few exclusives every year (after years of being exclusive to PS), just so that they still keep the aura of exclusiveness and attract new customers to PS (those who don't want to wait). Even if they are bringing more exclusives to PC going forward, they won't do that with all their games. I would be surprised if they get to 50% ratio actually, I think something like 20-30% of their exclusives will come to PC, to make the strategy stated above work.

2. Consoles are sold at a loss only in their 1st half of their generation, the 2nd half are sold for profit (especially PS). The 2nd half is considered from the point of the Slim version... at that point the tech is mature and they can cut costs and make profit.
Keeping their majority of best exclusives only on PS is the key to keeping those 100+ million customers in their yard, and Sony knows this. They don't need to copy MS, they need to offer an enticing different alternative and that's what they are doing and so far it works.

It would have been weird to have the same pacing when they changed both the style and combat. I think they did a good job.

I would like Bloodborne, Demons Souls, Gran Turismo Sport and God of War 4 for PC. Not getting my hopes up tho.

First of all atm, Sony can`t even produce to satisfy demand, so I don`t see how they`re losing money on hardware. Second, MS don`t mind their games played on another of their platforms (Windows10), x2 money, while Sony could lose a lot in the long term, selling off their best ip to competition, the whole incentive to enter their ecosystem.

First of all atm, Sony can`t even produce to satisfy demand, so I don`t see how they`re losing money on hardware.
The fact that they produce more than they can sell tells nothing of losing money or not. That's not the metric you want for that. Selling 1 console at a loss or 10million it's the same situation, both cases are sold at a loss...

The fact is for generations (this one included) both PS and Xbox are losing money in the first few years (at least) because of their competition to keep the prices low giving such a good deal for such a complete piece of tech. How do you think they can offer a console for $500 with so much stuff (some even PCs don't have yet - like PS5's SSD+IO) in it? They are both selling at a loss, until the Slim versions come out (you would have known this you read my post above).

It has already been confirmed many times, so you should educate yourself on the matter. Only recently a Sony rep said they are considering going 6nm in 2022 to cut on the losses, so they want to turn profit sooner, probably with a Slim version of PS5.

The fact that they produce more than they can sell tells nothing of losing money or not. That's not the metric you want for that. Selling 1 console at a loss or 10million it's the same situation, both cases are sold at a loss...

The fact is for generations (this one included) both PS and Xbox are losing money in the first few years (at least) because of their competition to keep the prices low giving such a good deal for such a complete piece of tech. How do you think they can offer a console for $500 with so much stuff (some even PCs don't have yet - like PS5's SSD+IO) in it? They are both selling at a loss, until the Slim versions come out (you would have known this you read my post above).

It has already been confirmed many times, so you should educate yourself on the matter. Only recently a Sony rep said they are considering going 6nm in 2022 to cut on the losses, so they want to turn profit sooner, probably with a Slim version of PS5.
I see you got triggered by one sentence and didn`t read my post and I rather think you confused me for another guy who replied. I see it in your rushed trail of thoughts " they produce more than they can sell...", in fact is the opposite, they produce less. But, the thing is my point was Sony won`t sell their bread and butter games to the competition aka Windows PC because it will weaken their own sales in the long term so, kinda what you said so, even if they sell consoles at a loss, that would further support my statement. Btw, the losing on hardware claim it`s theirs and unless you work at Sony as an accountant I will take it with a grain of salt.

Bloodborne is more likely to be a Remake, since so much time has passed and we heard almost nothing about a PC port/official 60 fps patch.
It's the thing that makes most sense now and will probably come after Elden Ring, so 2022/23. Maybe at the same time as announcing Bloodborne 2, that would be a great PR move. Sony does not like to stack their Soulsborne games one over another at the same time, that's why we have to wait so much...

1. It would seem like a good strategy to copy 100% MS, but I highly doubt PS will do that. What they are doing is giving just a few exclusives every year (after years of being exclusive to PS), just so that they still keep the aura of exclusiveness and attract new customers to PS (those who don't want to wait). Even if they are bringing more exclusives to PC going forward, they won't do that with all their games. I would be surprised if they get to 50% ratio actually, I think something like 20-30% of their exclusives will come to PC, to make the strategy stated above work.

2. Consoles are sold at a loss only in their 1st half of their generation, the 2nd half are sold for profit (especially PS). The 2nd half is considered from the point of the Slim version... at that point the tech is mature and they can cut costs and make profit.
Keeping their majority of best exclusives only on PS is the key to keeping those 100+ million customers in their yard, and Sony knows this. They don't need to copy MS, they need to offer an enticing different alternative and that's what they are doing and so far it works.

You assume its an either/or scenario. There is a large cohort of PC gamers that simply won't play a game that's not on PC. And a large part of that group only buy games on steam. The fact that the only place to play spiderman/gow/loU/etc is PS simply doesn't matter. Not on PC, and it might as well not exist. I would say probably 85-90% of my friends list *only* plays PC games.

And I know, some console player is going to jump in and tell me everything we are missing and I don't care. I already have a game backlog on PC that would easily take a decade of full time gaming to complete. And I enjoy the numerous PC exclusives only PC gamers get (escape from tarkov, many MMOs, almost all RTS games, etc etc).

Im just glad the major console makers finally figured out how to lure in small developers so console players finnally get to play the massive amount of amazing indie games that are birthed on PC.

I see you got triggered by one sentence and didn`t read my post and I rather think you confused me for another guy who replied. I see it in your rushed trail of thoughts " they produce more than they can sell...", in fact is the opposite, they produce less. But, the thing is my point was Sony won`t sell their bread and butter games to the competition aka Windows PC because it will weaken their own sales in the long term so, kinda what you said so, even if they sell consoles at a loss, that would further support my statement. Btw, the losing on hardware claim it`s theirs and unless you work at Sony as an accountant I will take it with a grain of salt.
They've said they lost money on hardware for years now. It's no secret or rumor lol

They aren't selling off their IP either. They still own it. Just making it more available. How will making something more available weaken sales?
They're selling a console in such high demand they can't keep up. Soooo they should just let all their money invested in software wait for the hardware supply to catch up instead of making the software more available to increase revenue. This doesn't hit the long term negatively at all..

Back